Sprint gave me 100$

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
For trading back my EVO 3D. They checked my phone, said it was in mint condition and offered me 100 for it. I was going to keep it because I heard someone only got 40, but for 100 I wiped it 3 times and checked it over and traded it right in. It was a nice surprise because I was jealous of all the Best Buy deals.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Bb deals? More like bb a raping! Thats right I'm on a tear... Stupid little kids running place

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Quit reading

Or quit flaming/trolling. We understand, you are a little butthurt from your experience at best buy. How about take it up with your regional manager or corporate, not on everyone in a forum?

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Reactions: ScandaLeX

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You're misguided.... I'm sure my complaint will be handled by same computer that handled my preorder... People make the difference.... And I will continue to post about customer service because all you kids no nothing of it.. Trolling from my new awesome evo

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Sold my 4g Evo for 140 on ebay........so you should be able to get 200 or better for minty condition 3d.
I think I was fortunate to get $160 for my original EVO with a few $5 cases on CL. Day one of listing all offers were $120. The $160 offer I met him at the Sprint store on the spot.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have purchased every phone that I have had for the past 14 years through Sprint (at least 17 devices) EXCEPT this year. The ONLY reason I purchased through BB was the discounts ... I paid only tax of around $9 clear and out the door ... The only caveat was it damn near took 2 1/2hrs in front of 5 different people for them to get it straight ... Whereas buying at Sprint I have never spent no more than 10mins once I was at the counter ... I just feel BB tries too hard to get people to buy from them by offering so many promos throughout the year ... They offer $50 GC to upgrade 6 months down the line and they have gone through 30 employees by then that have no idea what 10 different promos were offered 6months ago that is still active now ... They need to spend some time in these forums to get updated and schooled on whats REALLY going on.

movieguy00

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Bb deals? More like bb a raping! Thats right I'm on a tear... Stupid little kids running place

On Friday I went to Best Buy and pre-ordered my HTC EVO 4G LTE. On Saturday I went to Best Buy to pick it up.

I asked them to price match Sam's Club in my area for $168.88. They said no, because it's brand new. I asked where in the price match policy does it state it can't be on new items? They still wouldn't do it. I then informed them I could have asked to price match Wal-Mart at $149.99 but none of the stores in my area had them in stock but were listing them at the price. They told me I could go buy it over there then.

I was like, fine, I'll just take my Phone Freedom $50 gift card and the new $50 gift card and put it towards the purchase of the phone then. They again said no, and informed me I could only use one or the other. I told them let's just try using both codes and see what happens. They said it wouldn't let the computer do it. I said let's try and see. They did it, and both $50 GC printed out and they were able to use both.

At this point I'm paying $100 (plus tax) for the phone.

While running errands, I stopped in another Best Buy (went to customer service), informed them I saw the phone for $168.88 at Sam's Club. Customer Service associate called Sam's Club, verified the price, and verified it was in stock and price matched it, refunding me the difference.

All in all, I got the phone for $68 (plus tax)...sold my EVO 3D for $185 on Craig's List.

But the experience of having to deal with the mobile department and store manager at Best Buy, really made me never want to go there again. They made me feel like I was trying to commit fraud when in actuality I was just playing within the guidelines they set forth...and then at this particular Best Buy, decided to change the guidelines as they went along.

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I picked up from Walmart for $172 total w/tax. Sold my 3d with case/extra batteries/extra charger on Craigslist for $170 in just a few hours. $2 total upgrade cost is nice!
(Oh..got sprint to waive the activation fee while I was standing in WM).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PDP