Sprint HTC ONE Newbie Help

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. So I went to Best Buy today and upgraded my phone. I am coming from an LG Optimus G. First question...was this the right move? It was between the One or the S4. I kind of already miss my LGOG as it was kind of similar to the S4 in certain ways. Also, is there a way to delete/disable the blink feed stuff. I really don't care for it and it is taking up an entire page. I try and hold down on it like you do to most icons to delete it and it does nothing. Major question is getting rid of the blink feed and should I have kept my LGOG or gotten the S4? Thanks in advance for the help.:eek:

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't answer if you made the right purchase or not as only you can make that decision. I will say I came from the Galaxy S3 (and the Galaxy S2 prior to that) and my initial impressions of my test runs in the store with the HTC One did not blow me away. I think it was because it was a very different experience from TouchWiz. However, I took the plunge and bought it and the more time I spend with my HTC One I realize I made the right decision. While I still miss some aspects of my Galaxy S3, I prefer my HTC One overall. Sense has been streamlined a lot and is very snappy.

Just like B. Diddy posted in his link I moved Blinkfeed off to the side since I don't use it and changed my default Home page to be more what I wanted. Also, you can always install launchers for a different experience.

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I also came from the lg to the HTC one and couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong I love the lg, but in my opinion this phone is so much smoother, no lag, battery as good or better. I also have the s4 , as my wife says "I have issues". I can't seen to stay with one phone for longer than 4 months or so. The HTC in my eyes runs smoother, the s4 does lag, ALOT. I will be selling the s4 and keep the HTC, for the moment its the best, and I really don't see anything on its way that will sway me away from this beast.

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I also came from the lg to the HTC one and couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong I love the lg, but in my opinion this phone is so much smoother, no lag, battery as good or better. I also have the s4 , as my wife says "I have issues". I can't seen to stay with one phone for longer than 4 months or so. The HTC in my eyes runs smoother, the s4 does lag, ALOT. I will be selling the s4 and keep the HTC, for the moment its the best, and I really don't see anything on its way that will sway me away from this beast.

I kind of feel the same as you now that I have played with it for a while. As you said, no lag whatsoever! Smooth as butter. Only thing I didn't like was the blink feed but I took care of that by changing the home screen location so now I don't even notice it. Havnt changed my launcher yet as Sense has not been to bad. Smooth and very snappy phone. I think I can get use to it. Thanks for your feedback buddy!! :) :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MapleSyrup