Sprint LV6 update. Do not want camera lock screen short cut >=I

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi fellow G3 owner's! I seriously hope you guys can help me out. Recently I updated my G3 (Sprint) to LV6 software and I have one major dislike so far. It seems I now have the short cut for the camera application on the lock screen and to me, I do not like that. Preferably I do not want friends taking random self picture or other things I do not want to see, so how do I disable it? I've tried looking everywhere in the settings and I cannot find it. I really hope there's an option for that. Please help! LoL! Thank you for the inputs.

Cheers!

qmtc83

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi fellow G3 owner's! I seriously hope you guys can help me out. Recently I updated my G3 (Sprint) to LV6 software and I have one major dislike so far. It seems I now have the short cut for the camera application on the lock screen and to me, I do not like that. Preferably I do not want friends taking random self picture or other things I do not want to see, so how do I disable it? I've tried looking everywhere in the settings and I cannot find it. I really hope there's an option for that. Please help! LoL! Thank you for the inputs.

Cheers!

Settings-lockscreen-shortcuts. Then just remove it

Posted via the Android Central App

jnbarth

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Settings - lockscreen - shortcuts, select 'camera' then select 'delete shortcut'

Posted via Android Central App

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
First off...'Shortcuts' will not show unless you have the screen lock set to 'Swipe' (it may show for others too, but I have the knock code setup and it doesn't show when I have the knock code set).

Only problem is, deleting the camera shortcut from the lock screen settings does not get rid of the camera from the lock screen.
The one the OP is referring to is not the same as a 'shortcut' icon. It's an unlock/swipe icon down at the bottom right corner next to the emergency call button. See the attached image.

zv6-lock.png

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
First off...'Shortcuts' will not show unless you have the screen lock set to 'Swipe' (it may show for others too, but I have the knock code setup and it doesn't show when I have the knock code set).

Only problem is, deleting the camera shortcut from the lock screen settings does not get rid of the camera from the lock screen.
The one the OP is referring to is not the same as a 'shortcut' icon. It's an unlock/swipe icon down at the bottom right corner next to the emergency call button. See the attached image.

View attachment 153767

Thank you! Perhaps I should've been more accurate with my issue I dislike providing a picture. I'm starting to think there is no option to remove the camera shortcut for the Sprint version.

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
That makes sense... I don't think you can delete the camera shortcut that is put next to the emergency call button ... IE... When the pattern unlock is in effect...

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadeharper