Sprints Sony Ericsson Xperia 10 Rachel

T Mac

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Man I hope this comes true. This looks like a bad a@# phone. I'll definetely skip my Palm Pre across the water for this!

Check this out: Rumor: Sprint Ericsson may launch Android phone - FierceMobileIT

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Save me a place in line. I'll bring the coffee and krispy kremes :D

The only deal killer for me would be if it comes with a slide out keyboard, they always make a phone feel cheap.

I like the cream filled Krispies and no coffe, Jack Daniels will keep us warm too!

doublebullout

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Looks to me like the Nov 3 is just for SE to announce it. Sprint doesn't have to announce it the same day. Wouldn't there be the typical leaks by now about Sprint employees getting training on the phone? If it was launching on a carrier next week, I'd think we'd have heard by now.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the UI looks pretty cool, i can't find any rumored specs aside from a 4" screen and snapdragon, is there any other info available about this?

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
More Specs:

1GHz processor
4.1″ OLED capacitive touch screen
8.1MP camera w/ touch focus, smile shutter, face detection, ISO settings, and more
32GB internal storage
Specially made apps for twitter, Facebook, and MySpace

via DroidTalk.net

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
sounds cool.

i'm not sure i how i feel about the OLED screen. i love the clarity and color reproduction on my zuneHD, but it does fade out a little in sunlight...while i don't mind for a pmp, since i can just move...it could be annoying in a phone since it's a more important device.

but it will look awesome, and 4.1 is huge

T Mac

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I know I can't wait. I'm ready to dump the Pre now for the Hero, but I have to wait for this news. Hopefully it comes true. If not, I think I might still wait since the Hero has some issues similar to what the Pre has. ie, VCal support.

Semantics

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
So the article says Sony ericcson, not Sprint. Now people here are all excited that this thing will end up on Sprint, and its not going to happen. VZW is announcing 4 Droid phones by the end of the year. They have announced two already. Don't be surprised if this ends up there. There is no mention of Sprint at all in this or any article related to the X10.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
looks like it's going to be a GSM device. slated for release by mid 2010.

engadget got a hands on, and they said the device that was there was runnning an old build of the software, but it apparently ran like crap. here's to hoping they tweak the heck out of it before they release it.

kind of a disappointment, but I don't expect much from SE anymore.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
from the press sheet they had, it looks like there's only GSM radios in it so if it does come to the US, it'll work on Tmobile and AT&T 3G bands...no CDMA love.

i would really be shocked if we saw an official release in the states before years end 2010.

Hankster

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I've been following this phone, which I think is amazing, and from reading I think it's going to launch early next year on probably ATT. Between ATT and TMO, ATT has the larger network and I can't see Sony going with a smaller network when it's trying to get back into the smartphone game.

For more information just hit up Google.com and search for the phone under the "News" section. There's a lot of info slowly leaking out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyattling