Squeaky/Loose Screen?

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
It's due to that tiny gap between the slider and the phone.....only slightly notice when squeezing the 2 together, but never notice when using the phone.

DOOG9517

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone! When I was at the verizon store, the salesman put on one of those bodyglove cases. Maybe when he took it off, it stressed it.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
The Droid I just got the other day started out nice and solid, and I guess you get a little break in from utilizing the slider enough times. The play between the screen and the slider was getting quite annoying as it felt like I was typing on a Storm.

Probably not the most recommended way to do it, I made sure to be REALLY careful about it. Being that the unit is made of thin metal, I took it position by position and put some tension inwards to get the metal to ever so slightly bend in until the unit for the most part stopped having the 2 parts click together everytime I am tapping on the screen, particularly with the virtual keyboard.

So if it is bugging you as much as it was bugging me being everything was perfect EXCEPT for that play between the 2 parts, be it risky, it could be worth a shot, heh heh I take no responsibility for results unless of course it works like a charm

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Mine moves a little near the top right, but only if i press harder than i would if i were to actually be using the phone.... never noticed it until you pointed it out... not a big deal, but hope it doesn't change into one.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
My first droid had some give/wiggle on the slider. I could push the upper left or lower left corner of the screen and it would click in kind of. I replaced that one and this replacement is perfect. No wiggle or gap between the back of the screen and the keyboard.

atlbuc

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone! When I was at the verizon store, the salesman put on one of those bodyglove cases. Maybe when he took it off, it stressed it.

Yea this what happened to mine when the rep could not get it off. she called over another rep and he stressed it and gap was more noticeable and squeaky. I took it back to Best Buy and exchanged it. Don't know why I even tried it, I don't like case on my phones.

Bond J#AC

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Loose Screen

This is more like an OCD concern rather than an actual one. You have been warned.

My Droid has a a tiny gap between the physical keyboard and the screen at the bottom left corner. If I push down lightly on the bottom left back key, the screen moves down ever so lightly to touch the physical keypad. Its not like the screen is really loose or anything but I was just curious if all other devices were like this? It probably moves about 1mm or max 2 mm down.

:confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarkarsly