Staying Connected to AdHoc network

vetteman30

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I am running Froyo off SD on a non-rooted NC.

I can see the adhoc network created by my rooted Verizon Fascinate and connect to it via the Wireless Tether app. My NC will then obtain an IP address and connect.

Problem is it then drops after about 10 seconds it drops the network and then tries to obtain another IP address. It repeats this over and over.

Is there a setting fix or hack I need to keep this tether active?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am running Froyo off SD on a non-rooted NC.

I can see the adhoc network created by my rooted Verizon Fascinate and connect to it via the Wireless Tether app. My NC will then obtain an IP address and connect.

Problem is it then drops after about 10 seconds it drops the network and then tries to obtain another IP address. It repeats this over and over.

Is there a setting fix or hack I need to keep this tether active?

I thought the NC required an Infrastructure network, not ad hoc.

vetteman30

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
that might be the hack I need. I think my Fascinate will only produce an AdHoc network. I have read of a hack to make the NC recognize AdHoc but can't figure out how to do it. I just found a post with what looks to be simple instructions on the Galaxy Tab forum I am thinking of giving a whirl.

xnewethicx

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
The current version of Wireless Tether from the Market allows for infrastructure networking, wasn't able to use my Nook with my DroidX until I updated my app!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yura32