Still need a screen protector

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Every year, doesn't matter how Samsung advertises new glass technology, people manage to damage the glass screen pretty easy.

And this year is not much different. Still cracks.
The back is more durable and the display seems like more scratch resistant.

Check out the first drop test video:

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Every year, doesn't matter how Samsung advertises new glass technology, people manage to damage the glass screen pretty easy.

A lot depends on how flat it lands. I had a Note 10 fall off a cocktail table onto cement which is only a couple of feet and the whole front shattered.

Reactions: MarVaRa and kide#WN

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
A lot depends on how flat it lands. I had a Note 10 fall off a cocktail table onto cement which is only a couple of feet and the whole front shattered.
Note 10 was released about 5 years ago??? Gorilla Glass 6....not very flexible and more prone to shatter BUT very scratch resistant. "supposedly" this newest GG Armor is both scratch resistant AND shatter proof...well shatter resistant???

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site

Your assessment is not exactly fair. Yes, it cracked in this case, but it was a tiny crack up in the corner. That has more to do with how or what it landed on and less to do with glass.

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Your assessment is not exactly fair. Yes, it cracked in this case, but it was a tiny crack up in the corner. That has more to do with how or what it landed on and less to do with glass.
Crack is crack, tiny or not. LOL. But yes, I agree, it didn't spread, as it was in the past. Most likely, some pressure on the edge of the glass from the metal frame made it crack.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Crack is crack, tiny or not. LOL. But yes, I agree, it didn't spread, as it was in the past. Most likely, some pressure on the edge of the glass from the metal frame made it crack.
Surprised it didn't spread, I've been told that crack is quite morish

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe