still problems with Hotmail

scungi

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
First I have searched, and nothing is coming up related to my issues.

My hotmail is set up and it works, occasionally. But I am going for days without receiving any emails. Its just not getting "pushed."

Then it is temperamental and will push everything for the last few days, and usually happens if I log in on my computer to check the email.

Any suggestions, I am a previous Storm owner where I was just abused by an awful product but the email worked flawlessly. Please help with suggestions, am I missing a setting?

slowhatch

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
welcome to the club.. my hotmail account is garbage on this phone. And since hotmail.. aka bull**** microsoft wont let you forward to gmail your SOL. I too was an abused storm owner for far too long, however that phone delivered email like a swiss watch.

In all honesty i have all but given up using email on this phone unless i NEED to check it.. in which case i usually invoke the browser as the default client infuriates me.

I mean honestly, i click an email and it takes 30-45 sec to load... TEXT. for gods sake, i can load engadgets full site in that time yet the phone cant load a 200 character email. And i wont even begin to divulge my frustration with repeated emails.. not getting emails, deleting emails to have them re-appear in 5 min, etc.

All in all POP3 on DROID = FAIL. They couldnt of ****ed this up more if they tried.

scungi

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I am just completely confused on how this is not a problem to more people.

Trust me my hotmail is not preferable for email as it is but its 10+ years old for me, and use it regularly.

I am assuming its across the board on all android software and products......makes me wonder

slowhatch

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I am just completely confused on how this is not a problem to more people.

Trust me my hotmail is not preferable for email as it is but its 10+ years old for me, and use it regularly.

I am assuming its across the board on all android software and products......makes me wonder

english please.

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
The difference between this and RIM is that RIM keeps an open link between Hotmail and the RIM servers. When an email comes in to Hotmail, RIM pulls it to their server, then immediately pushes it out to the blackberry.

Droid uses Polling, where every set time (determined by the user) it logs into the hotmail server and checks the email.

The problem I'm mainly having with hotmail is the repeated 'new mail' notifications for emails that are weeks old.

What seems to be happening is this: I have it set to keep the last 25 emails in my droid. When a new crap email comes in, it shows up as a new email and pushes #25 out of the droid. I delete the crap email. There are now 24 emails in the droid. Then when the droid check the server again, it pulls the old #25 back into the droid, marks it as unread, and notifies me there's a new email, even though it's way old and has been read several times.

I'm pretty sure that's what's causing the repeated notifications when there's actually no new email.

Can't help on why the emails aren't showing up for days at a time.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I
welcome to the club.. my hotmail account is garbage on this phone. And since hotmail.. aka bull**** microsoft wont let you forward to gmail your SOL. I too was an abused storm owner for far too long, however that phone delivered email like a swiss watch.

In all honesty i have all but given up using email on this phone unless i NEED to check it.. in which case i usually invoke the browser as the default client infuriates me.

I mean honestly, i click an email and it takes 30-45 sec to load... TEXT. for gods sake, i can load engadgets full site in that time yet the phone cant load a 200 character email. And i wont even begin to divulge my frustration with repeated emails.. not getting emails, deleting emails to have them re-appear in 5 min, etc.

All in all POP3 on DROID = FAIL. They couldnt of ****ed this up more if they tried.

AMEN!!! Preach on brother, you're on a roll there - seriously. It almost appears to be a dilberate effort to FORCE us into gmail. Every other email serve just flat out sucks on this device.

Blackberry DID abuse us. .... but, dangit if they didn't push email Like a mutha'

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The problem I'm mainly having with hotmail is the repeated 'new mail' notifications for emails that are weeks old.

I've had this problem a few times with my hotmail account but never the large delay. I did notice I was not recieving emails several weeks ago and powered off the phone and they started coming thru as before....I think it had not been "off" in 2 to 3 weeks before the restart so it was probably due a break...

apisciotto

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased the Motorola Droid this past weekend not realizing the hotmail issues I'd have. I had a Palm Centro before this and had no issues with syncing my hotmail on the phone. It's very fustrating!

bluestang

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Why does it feel better to know others are frustrated with hotmail on this Droid? I have to force "refresh" (even thought I have it set to do so automatically) my 3 hotmail accounts. And I've learned that when I am "refreshing" the screen has to stay ON or it just stops.

The screaming fast speed of the Droid is one of the reasons I chose it...but thought I could buzz thru my emails...

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I

AMEN!!! Preach on brother, you're on a roll there - seriously. It almost appears to be a dilberate effort to FORCE us into gmail. Every other email serve just flat out sucks on this device.

Blackberry DID abuse us. .... but, dangit if they didn't push email Like a mutha'

After 2.1 came out, my yahoo is working very nice! I just put my name and password in, and works like a charm..can't say the same for hotmail though, I stopped using it..I signed up for it to have the extra email for my BlackBerry, and thought it was the ABSOLUTE worst for filtering out spam mail..

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Why not forward the hotmail to a gmail account and use that on the phone?

I realize your post was made a while ago, but since no one has directly addressed it... hotmail, and msn accounts will not allow forwarding to another email account unless you pay for the premium service. :mad: :rolleyes:

rich67

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
As a former BB user, I can understand the frustration with receiving the email thru hotmail. I still think the Droid is a far better phone-despite the flaw with email.
Bottom line, if you are a businessperson who ABSOLUTELY must receive email instantly, stick with the BB. If you are not concerned about this issue, the Droid still displays the emails 100 times better than the BB ever would, just after a maddening load time.
If you want to be notified of hotmail emails, just set up your hotmail account to send you a text message when a new email is received. You can do this in settings on the hotmail webpage. That way, you will receive a text alert when you get a new email, then you can go to your account and just let the message load. Eventually, I am going to make the switch completely over to Gmail, which is much easier to work with than Hotmail is, without a doubt.

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Bottom line, if you are a businessperson who ABSOLUTELY must receive email instantly, stick with the BB. If you are not concerned about this issue, the Droid still displays the emails 100 times better than the BB ever would, just after a maddening load time.

Well, if you really want a new phone, and you ABSOLUTELY must receive email instantly, or even if you need instant corporate email, you could check out the Palm Pre Plus.

periodictable2

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Palm Pre Plus does not deserve any praise

Well, if you really want a new phone, and you ABSOLUTELY must receive email instantly, or even if you need instant corporate email, you could check out the Palm Pre Plus.

I have 2 Palm Pre Plus phones and have not one good thing to say about them.. they are slow, unreliable, clunky, and definately not a corporate level phone by any means. I have no experience with the Pre 2 (may be better, but until someone shows me that it is better, stay away)

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I realize your post was made a while ago, but since no one has directly addressed it... hotmail, and msn accounts will not allow forwarding to another email account unless you pay for the premium service. :mad: :rolleyes:

I don't pay any money for my hotmail account and it forwards just fine to my gmail account. Did I beat the system???

Here's how you set it up to get your hotmail messages in gmail
http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mysticge...-and-receive-hotmail-from-your-gmail-account/

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys95