Stock email app running painfully slow

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a long term email issue. I've had this issue using my work email on the Samsung stock email app. I upgrade my Galaxy every year, so I've had it on my S10, S20 and S21. If I go to "search" for an email, it will take upwards of 2 minutes to find the search terms, and then when I go to reply to the identified email or forward it, it's another 2 minutes. I'm not exaggerating. Standard email receipt and reply/forward is no issue. My company won't permit an outside email app due to security issues OTHER than Outlook. No lag in searching and no lag in forwarding using the Outlook app BUT no HTML so I'd prefer not to use it. I've tried removing the account and adding it again, but that's not really the issue since it's also happening when I get a new phone out of the box. Any help is appreciated!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have outlook as personal not work so can't check that but have you tried to reset the app by long press then tap info >storage>clear data and then force stop.

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've cleared data and as I mentioned, when I installed it on a new phone I had the same issue immediately. Are you able to get HTML email on your outlook app?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Spanning across so many devices and having the same issue and it only affecting that one profile I'd have to say that it's the profile. This appears to be backed up in your statement that this doesn't happen in Outlook, the app it was designed to be used in. Knowing my company and how locked down they've become, the stock app is probably having issues authenticating or maybe even accessing the server. Add to this that the email then has to send through the work sever so yeah I can see where there might be delays. Ordinarily I'd say go to your IT for help but given you're using an illegal app for this they would be more likely to find a way to kill your access altogether vs trying to help you.

Sounds like you're Stuck On a Log.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you specify how many days of email to sync? If it's syncing a huge number of emails, maybe that's taking too long. Perhaps if you can choose the past 30 days for your inbox and most folders, that might speed it up?

(Disclaimer: I never use stock email apps to link outside accounts, so apologies if this is a really naive suggestion.:))

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Can you specify how many days of email to sync? If it's syncing a huge number of emails, maybe that's taking too long. Perhaps if you can choose the past 30 days for your inbox and most folders, that might speed it up?

(Disclaimer: I never use stock email apps to link outside accounts, so apologies if this is a really naive suggestion.:))

It's actually not naive. And I have a ton of emails - we don't delete anything in our company, never know when you need to CYA. Lol. I often need to find stuff older, so I don't have it limited. Just not sure why it's so quick on outlook app and not the stock app.

Raju1300

Jan 26, 2021
Visit site
I'm having a long term email issue. I've had this issue using my work email on the Samsung stock email app. I upgrade my Galaxy every year, so I've had it on my S10, S20 and S21. If I go to "search" for an email, it will take upwards of 2 minutes to find the search terms, and then when I go to reply to the identified email or forward it, it's another 2 minutes. I'm not exaggerating. Standard email receipt and reply/forward is no issue. My company won't permit an outside email app due to security issues OTHER than Outlook. No lag in searching and no lag in forwarding using the Outlook app BUT no HTML so I'd prefer not to use it. I've tried removing the account and adding it again, but that's not really the issue since it's also happening when I get a new phone out of the box. Any help is appreciated!

Try Bluemail app it's much better then stock.

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I would love to switch. There's a bunch of apps that are better than stock but my company policy doesn't permit it. They need to be able to control the email on my phone and they can't do that with anything other than the stock app or the Outlook app.