Stock home laucher

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
What is the stock home launcher called? I installed Go launcher nad just went to see if I could find the stock home screen but couldn't seem to find it. I was able to find it on my wife's Mesmerize but couldn't find it on my Electrify.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
What is the stock home launcher called? I installed Go launcher nad just went to see if I could find the stock home screen but couldn't seem to find it. I was able to find it on my wife's Mesmerize but couldn't find it on my Electrify.

For some reason, when you download a new home launcher, there are no defaults set so you can't easily go back to the stock homescreen. Normally you would just go into settings and clear the defaults, but the electrify doesn't have that option. You are able to, however, open the kickstand and press the home button. That has always worked for me if I wanted to just peak at my stock laumcer, but that doesn't reset the default, which means the next time you press the home button, you will go back to your third-party launcher. The only way I've seemed to get around this is to uninstall the launcher. Or you can root your phone and just freeze the app, but I wouldn't recommend that just to get back to your stock screen.

I see its been about a week since you posted this, but I hope this helps a little bit. Good luck. If you have any other questions, you can email me at mchockeyvette27@gmail.com and ill be happy to at least try and answer any of your questions.

aaronrkelly

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Ive got your answer cause I recently researched the living piss out of this issue.

Its a Moto thing.....you cant get access back to the stock launcher. MOST home screen changing apps available on the market will let you ACESS the old home.....but you cant reset it as the default. So when you press the HOME button.....bamm....your back to your replacement launcher.

HOME SMACK from the Market is the answer Ive found.

https://market.android.com/details?...SwyLDEsImNvbS50ZXNsYWNvaWxzdy5ob21lc21hY2siXQ..

Its has a Motorola Tab with a function called Motorola Home Helper.....it works around the problem.

There is another app called Moto Home Fix as well.....but I tried Smack first....it works and works well....so I didnt try it.

dragontology

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I second Home Smack. It manages other defaults as well. It's just a nice app to have. If you want something simpler, just use Home Switcher. That's what LauncherPro recommends. Very small and simple app.

I also found an app that claimed to be able to copy and paste home screens (e.g. if you wanted to try a new launcher but keep your icons and widgets) but it's not compatible with the Electrify's launcher, so i so t look it up. Neat idea though.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk