Stock keyboard or 3rd party

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Samsung I am used to needing a 3rd party keyboard. I have been using swiftly for a while. But I hear the Google keyboard is pretty good. It's not bad but I like that SwiftKey has a split layout in landscape.

Also is it just me or does the stock keyboard kinda fade to a darker color as you go towards the space bar?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a Samsung I am used to needing a 3rd party keyboard. I have been using swiftly for a while. But I hear the Google keyboard is pretty good. It's not bad but I like that SwiftKey has a split layout in landscape.

Also is it just me or does the stock keyboard kinda fade to a darker color as you go towards the space bar?

I have a Samsung and I no longer use the stock keyboard. I prefer the Google one. I like it.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I always load SwiftKey - especially now, with their "Save in the cloud" option that saves your specific typing style and restores it when you re-install. The prediction on it is creepy good, swipe option also works great

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung and I no longer use the stock keyboard. I prefer the Google one. I like it.

With Samsung it's necessary to use a different keyboard cuz theirs sucks. This one is pretty good so that's why I'm not sure if I need a new one.

I always load SwiftKey - especially now, with their "Save in the cloud" option that saves your specific typing style and restores it when you re-install. The prediction on it is creepy good, swipe option also works great

The save to the cloud is pretty nice. The one thing that always bugged me about SwiftKey is they focus on prediction more than auto correct. So they "correct" words that I spelled correctly because they think I meant something else.

ashmerae

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
With Samsung it's necessary to use a different keyboard cuz theirs sucks. This one is pretty good so that's why I'm not sure if I need a new one.

The save to the cloud is pretty nice. The one thing that always bugged me about SwiftKey is they focus on prediction more than auto correct. So they "correct" words that I spelled correctly because they think I meant something else.

Never had the prediction problem... how frequently did you personalize it?

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Used the stock kb for a couple days but changed back to SwiftKey. Like all the long press options on the main screen, cloud and tablet features.

Posted via Android Central App

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

+1
SwiftKey is easily my favorite key board. Great predictions, I love flow when I am one handed and now saving to the cloud just puts it over the top. No more retraining!

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I could never get used to flow. And I am used to gestures.

I'm using Swype. Got used to it on earlier phones. I think I was using swiftkey on my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet. I don't use it much now that I have a convertible X230 (wish it was a Helix). I only use the Thinkpad Tablet to watch movies on flights or play games. Not much need for a keyboard.