Strange screen issue

jaywillin

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm a long time Pixel fan and user here, who's having strange issue.
My 5a 5g , when I'm ending a call, and remove the phone from my ear,
the screen turns black and the only way to wake it up is the power button.
Anybody else have, or know about this ??
This sure is irritating ng , plus I'm worried it's going to go out
permanently.

any info would be greatly appreciated
thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector or case on? It could be a problem with something covering the proximity sensor. Try removing the case first, and if that doesn't help, also remove the screen protector (if present).

jaywillin

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
No screen protector, but I do have a case, I'll give it a try, Thanks
Oh, it doesn't do it all the time, just occasionally.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also make sure the screen glass is clean over the proximity sensor area. If there's enough smudging there, it might confuse the sensor enough.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me on my 2-week old 5a. The proximity sensor wasn't detecting near/far events properly. I confirmed this with an app that showed various sensor data. Rebooting the phone seems to have solved this for me.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem but not just when I end the phone call if I'm on a phone call that requires me to access the keypad sometimes remove the phone away from my ear does not bring the screen back on unless I push the power button like you. It's very occasional but beyond frustrating when it does happen this is One of the many reasons I got rid of my Samsung Galaxy s20fe was because they were notorious for a significant proximity sensor issues.

jaywillin

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem but not just when I end the phone call if I'm on a phone call that requires me to access the keypad sometimes remove the phone away from my ear does not bring the screen back on unless I push the power button like you. It's very occasional but beyond frustrating when it does happen this is One of the many reasons I got rid of my Samsung Galaxy s20fe was because they were notorious for a significant proximity sensor issues.

yeah, it's pretty irritating, at least it's only occasionally.
I am relieved to know that someone else has the problem, I was worried I had somehow
damaged the phone, it's been dropped ( I rarely drop it, but it happens you know.
It also got a good splashing of Mountain Dew, it wasn't all that much, but I was beginning to wonder.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
yeah, it's pretty irritating, at least it's only occasionally.
I am relieved to know that someone else has the problem, I was worried I had somehow
damaged the phone, it's been dropped ( I rarely drop it, but it happens you know.
It also got a good splashing of Mountain Dew, it wasn't all that much, but I was beginning to wonder.
Nah definitely not alone and I'm hoping an update will fix it. Great phone though I'm very happy with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital