Streaming?

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about picking up this watch and wondering if you can stream music and/or podcasts from Google Play Music from the watch only? I like running with just the watch and was hoping this had that functionality. My Gear S2 can stream spotify with a subscription but the battery died super fast and it always over heats.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I believe it will be possible once the update to AW 2.0 is completed. That should happen sometime in the next few weeks. I haven't tried the developer preview for 2.0 to see if it's possible now.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
You're going to have the same battery drain on this watch doing streaming that keeps the radio active. Best option is to cache a couple of playlists in Google Play Music and use those and that works now before getting 2.0.

The Bogeyman

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I've been using Wear File Transfer to copy podcasts over wi-fi to the Music folder on the watch, then the WearMedia player can find it and play it on the watch. The only issue I have with that is that the player is pretty rudimentary - only supports previous/next track (i.e. I can't skip ahead or back within an episode).

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Once the Play Music app is updated you'll be able to, no telling when that'll be though. Not possible yet, I use the developer preview.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadeharper