stuck between Rezound and Inc 4G

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So right now, I'm truly stuck on waiting for the Incredible 4G or just getting the Rezound. I have a Nexus now, and I really don't want to resort to Gingerbread, even for a little bit.

I also really want the S4 processor and lower temperatures compared to the S3 in the Rezound.

Is the screen on the Inc 4G going to be a pentile display? I had a Droid 3 and 4, and the ghosting and pixely display was horrendous.

I'm going to post this here and in the Inc 4G section to get an idea if I should pay $79 now, or $149 in 2 weeks.

Also, what's the typical battery life for the Rezound?

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
2 hours of screen on time... ish. I think it would be hard to go back to a non-hd screen, and ICS seems soon for us. I would say the GS3 is the phone to get, unless the size is to much. But if I'm picking the 4.3" screen phones.... tough call. Better screen, or better processor and battery life? Good luck with that one, I'd say stick with the Rez, but I'm jaded.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
d3 and d4 are super amoled, and not very good ones at that.

the dinc 4g i believe is slcd, so similar to the Rezound, but qHD vs. HD in the Rezound. of course, the dinc 4g is a smaller screen. slcd doesn't have pentile.

battery life on the dinc 4g should be substantially better due to the s4, smaller lower resolution screen.

you can get ics on the Rezound via RUU, no root required.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Remember you're also up against the June 28th upgrade deadline. Unless the new plans work for you. That S4 processor should be nice though.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
does the rezound still overheat? whichever phone i get, i'll be getting an otterbox, and i don't want to run into heat issues

It gets warm when playing games, but mine has never gotten close to overheating. 120F is the highest I have ever seen.

Beyer screen or better processor? Smaller(not by much from what I have seen) or larger? Proven but dwindling dev community or unknown. Whether or not HTC is going to unlock the bootloader on the inc is something to look onto. O look into sense 4 definitely. If you don't like it then get the rezound's sense 3.6 after ics.

I was thinking the other day about this if I were in the market and its a though one. Older and higher end, or newer and midrang. Both would be great devices

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Rezound would be my choice if I were upgrading. I have played with it. User reviews are good too on cnet and on Verizon. I love HTC. I had the original incredible. Have the thunderbolt. Its awesome

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i got a chance to play with the incredible 4g the other day...the screen looks great, and i really want the S4...so i'm sold on it...thanks for the help everyone

PghGuy

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I was faced with the same dilemma and being Verizon in their usual "gotta squeeze every penny outta these folks" business model, by holding back on the Inc LTE until after the new rate system went into effect, I decided to go with the Rezound instead of waiting and paying approx 33% more per month. I figure in 2 years when this contract is up, the other carriers should have decent systems up and running and give the "V" some competition, finally.

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I was faced with the same dilemma and being Verizon in their usual "gotta squeeze every penny outta these folks" business model, by holding back on the Inc LTE until after the new rate system went into effect, I decided to go with the Rezound instead of waiting and paying approx 33% more per month. I figure in 2 years when this contract is up, the other carriers should have decent systems up and running and give the "V" some competition, finally.

I agree with you 100 percent, that's why I grabbed one off ebay

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
If you dont have a Rezound now...I think getting the Inc 4G isnt a bad idea. They are similar...with newer tech in the Inc 4G.

I have a Rezound now and was thinking about getting the Inc 4G. Might hold off now.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Screen is the only real draw back of the inc unless you don't like sense 4. I'm sure that I would probably get the inc over the rezound right now if I were in the market. I do however completely believe that the rezound is a better devise

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582