Stylo5. Why won’t it charge correctly

SD5687

Feb 2, 2022
Visit site
I got a LG Stylo 5 for Christmas 2020 and have had no problems with it until last December when the charging cord wore out. Replaced it with a cable I bought at Walmart and it charges slow. I’m wondering if my port has lint in it or something. Above all, why won’t the phone charge correctly. Twelve months it was fine and now it starts giving me trouble. Went through this before and I just want things to work right. I haven’t downloaded too many apps, either

“Charging slowly. Please make sure you’re using the correct cable and the connection is correct.” What is going on. I am not replaceable my phone every year.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Make sure your using name brand cable and chargers, low quality will cause this , maybe get a can of compressed air and blow around the charging port inside

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you still using the same plug? What brand is the cable? Have you already tried different cables, or is that the only one you have?

Smd9622

Feb 28, 2022
Visit site
Yes I'm using the same plug. Had to buy a new cable, still charges slow. I wish the thing would charge normally. I don't have the money to have it looked at.

SD5687

Feb 2, 2022
Visit site
How bout Belkin? are they good? I just wish I could find one that looked like the original and no I do not use EBay or any of that.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
How bout Belkin? are they good? I just wish I could find one that looked like the original and no I do not use EBay or any of that.
Belkin is a legacy computer brand, well known for routers and such, but not sure how their cables hold up. The above Aukey and Anker brands from Amazon are well respected for most things mobile related. I personally use Volutz brand USB cables, also from Amazon, and they never let me down prematurely (all cables are going to wear out at some point).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it only charges when the phone is held in a certain way then I would suspect a problem with the charging port that is possibly causing the connection to be loose. That would require the attention of a repair shop, unfortunately.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have to put it in landscape mode (horizontal) to charge. I’m getting sick of this nonsense.
Have you tried wiggling the plug of the cable in the phone's port? Sounds like putting it in landscape is possibly causing the plug able to change angle slightly and affect the ability to charge. It's possible the port itself is going bad.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If it only charges when the phone is held in a certain way then I would suspect a problem with the charging port that is possibly causing the connection to be loose. That would require the attention of a repair shop, unfortunately.
I've been treed. XD

SD5687

Feb 2, 2022
Visit site
Yeah I’m thinking so too. I had to curl the wire to get the dang thing to charge yesterday and I only got it up to 50. Then I took it out and the USB-C thing fell out. I’m scared of using compressed air or toothpick because I don’t want to ruin it any worse so yes I think I’m going to take it to the shop. Wish me luck guys

SD5687

Feb 2, 2022
Visit site
What the heck does it mean when your phone’s dead, you buy a new charging cable and you get this
Battery too low to charge?

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What the heck does it mean when your phone’s dead, you buy a new charging cable and you get this
Battery too low to charge?
If a Li-ion battery's voltage gets too low, it becomes dangerous to attempt to recharge it. There are ways to try reviving it, but it's not something the average person can do. It's also worth noting the battery gauge is calibrated with this in mind, and zero on that gauge is actually safely above that danger zone.

So either your battery is basically toast, or some other electrical problem is causing bad readings. I think it's time for phone sees a repair shop.

SD5687

Feb 2, 2022
Visit site
It won’t even charge now. How in the heck did my battery get damaged I wonder? As I mentioned, I am not going to be buying a new phone every year.

Attachments

• A2035028-20CC-4BE6-9777-372AA52E7035.jpg
    A2035028-20CC-4BE6-9777-372AA52E7035.jpg
    775.1 KB · Views: 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae