Sumer Tablet Forecast

jazzbassist1

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am a student that will be starting grad school in the fall, and it is highly suggested that I have a tablet of some kind, as most of our course reading will be through ebooks and online material. This puts me in the market for a tablet between now and the beginning of August. So my question is, what's the tablet landscape look like for this summer? I've heard rumors of a Google/Asus Nexus tablet, but that's about it. Any other manufacturers have rumors of high-end tablets coming up?

You may assume such from someone posting in this forum, but I want to avoid buying the iPad at all costs (bit of an Android advocate), but if there isn't a competitive alternative by late summer/early fall, I will bite the bullet :-\

Schwermzilla

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
it seems like nothing this summer (or what we know is coming out this summer) really will be more powerful than the new iPad or an Asus Transformer Prime, which if you are an android advocate, have you considered the transformer prime?

Also there is some Taiwanese conference that is in early june... hopefully there will be more info/tablets announced there.

jazzbassist1

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The Prime is the one that I've considered the most, but man, I was playing with a new iPad the other day and that display is something else.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
ASUS is doing good things with their tablets. Some I'm kinda exicted about the 10.1 inch Transformer Infinity (TF700) with a 1920x1200. Not quite as high DPI as the iPad, but still pretty big improvement over the 1280x800 tablets. Only thing I don't like is it's mostly aluminum with a plastic strip on the back. I'd really wish they went all aluminum (with a more clever fix for the radios) or all plastic.

Acer also has a 1920x1200 resolution tablet coming. I'm not too excited, because it's Acer so I'm sure it'll be chunky and heavier.

Samsung has the Galaxy Note 10.1 coming. Seems like this tablet changes every month though. So I have no idea what to expect, other than it'll have a pen.

I'm really looking forward to the Google/ASUS Nexus tablet. Nvidia mention that it'll be a cut back version of the Tegra 3, so I'm curious how much sacrifices will be made with this Tegra 3 to get the tablet price down to $200. Still, for that price, and being "Nexus", it is bound to be very cool. I need a cheap 7 inch tablet to replace my Nook Color, this is probably what I've been waiting for.

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The Asus TF700 will have a full HD screen, if it ever comes out.

For reading though, you're still hard pushed to beat that retina display

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums