SuperUser/titanium backup/Rom Manager and a few other ?s

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So over all I have spent wondering around this site and I cant even start how bad a$$ this is and all the stuff you can do. But as the topic of this stats im seeing these are something that are needed. Can any help point me and maybe others in the right area of the after math of rooting...as in what do you do now especially if you are new the droid/rooting world and in advance thanks for all the help

Last edited:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
It depends on how deep you want to go. You can stay small and just use apps that require root access or remove bloatware, or you can flash custom ROM's and kernels and completely change your experience.

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
yeah thats what I want to do Im pretty good with some computer knowledge and I want to do all that what are some good Ideas for doing so I see ppl talk about clockworkmod,cyanogenmod etc...

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Those are all different ROMS and gives your phone a whole different look.

First off Rooting-Rooting is just giving you superuser access to your phone. Nothing else.

Then Titanium Backup-You will need to root your phone for the full features but you can backup your phone including apps and app data to your memory card. With Titanium backup, you can also freeze apps you do not want running since some apps are required for OTA update like for example CityID I believe for VZW.

Then ROM-Changing the looks of your device.

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
sweet..deal Im cause I see a lot clock work mod so im guessing CWM thats what it stands for. Since I dont have one yet Im just trying to get all the info before I do which will be around 2.19.11 cant wait

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I went in early today to work to mess with one before we open and I'm just in love with it...should have Just have been android for the past 2 yrs ugh iPhone lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85