Swap Nexus 6 for Moto Pure Edition?

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday's Moto reveal of the 5.7 inch Style( Pure Edition for US) showed a very, very nice phone with lots of the same features as the N6 in a slightly smaller footprint. For me, the lack of wireless charging would be a deal breaker. Everything else about the Style is pretty good. So for me, no I wouldn't trade my N6 for a Style.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I looked to rally didn't see anything on the style that was a big upgrade over the N6. I will probably pass.

Posted via the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday's Moto reveal of the 5.7 inch Style( Pure Edition for US) showed a very, very nice phone with lots of the same features as the N6 in a slightly smaller footprint. For me, the lack of wireless charging would be a deal breaker. Everything else about the Style is pretty good. So for me, no I wouldn't trade my N6 for a Style.

I saw the article on the Moto X 2015.
It sounds nice, to get one from Moto Maker (without carrier bloat) .
I wish it had wireless charging but that in itself isn't a deal breaker for me :)
I also wouldn't swap my N6 for a Moto X 2015, but I would not rule just purchasing one.

This isn't saying I am for sure going to purchase one out right . I'm just not totally ruling it out . :)

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of moto maker and I would like to personalise my next phone. But the nexus is great, so I will keep it until the next generation comes out (at least)

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Pass.

No WiFi calling on T-Mobile (or Project Fi, I assume)
Drop from 6" to 5.7" screen.
Drop from Amoled to TFT display (curious to see it in person, though)
Smaller battery doesn't bode well even with the TFT display

Nevertheless, it is (or can be) a sharp-looking phone, and I'm definitely going to read through reviews to see how it fares re. the camera, the display (viewing angles and outdoor use) and battery usage/screen-on time.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Nope. It doesn't bring anything to the table that I want. Sure it's nice, but not nicer than my Nexus 6. I'm waiting to see what 2016 brings.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
It looks nice but I prefer my Nexus 6. I'm keeping this one for awhile. I would need to see significant upgrades to get a new device and I don't think that's going to happen for a year or two if even then.

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Motorola phones looks very sexy and bussiness class. One of reasons why I bough Motorola Nexus 6. I was ready to buy Motorola X 2014 till I seen Nexus 6. Same as smartwatch. It hasn't best specs but looks beautiful. Everyone who seen it, says:"Wow, is it smartwatch? Really beautiful." Only best words for Motorola.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
After seeing that release, the Moto X is heavily in my favor. The SD slot and price point which is rumored to be in the $400-$500 is going to be a tough choice unless the N6 drops to $400/32GB and $450/64GB.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
2016? 2015 will bring two new nexus that will be far better than the nexus 6. Far better.

You're entitled to your opinion. What is the new Nexus going to do for me that the 6 doesn't? USB-C? Don't need it. Fingerprint reader? Don't need it. The Nexus 6 is fast enough as is, and I don't need a new one right now just because it will benchmark higher. I don't take pics, and rarely use my phone as is. To be honest, I don't need a phone as good as the N6. So what will the next Nexus phone do for me, besides what I already do? Which is very little.

I mainly bought the N6 because of the screen size, and ability to play around with custom roms with ease.

Far better? Hardly. The N6 will be a good phone to have 1 year from now, and better than what most people use. If you want the new one, go for it. I'm done changing cell phones every 6 months, when they do nothing to enrich my life.

Kwjmac

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
We are getting to the point in the phone world where each generation is only incrementally better than the last. It seems that it is mostly bells and whistles that they are adding to try and differentiate the new phone from the old. It may be time to start skipping a generation. Until 64 bit is universally accepted as the developer norm, the reasons for moving are getting more difficult to justify.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
After seeing that release, the Moto X is heavily in my favor. The SD slot and price point which is rumored to be in the $400-$500 is going to be a tough choice unless the N6 drops to $400/32GB and $450/64GB.

Just bought my N6 64gb for $549 new from Amazon. Very happy. If I were to have gone the Moto X route the Pure Edition would have been my choice. No regrets with the Nexus 6. It's better than I anticipated.

posted with my Nexus 6.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
To me,

64-Bit means nothing to me especially on a phone. I don't even need 64-Bit on my laptop but it has it. I used to run Photoshop and Lightroom together on a 32- Bit system without issues. So on a phone, its useless to me

Fingerprint scanner is useless for me as well. Just unreliable. I don't use them on my laptop and all 3 of them has it. Used it once and didn't bother with it after.

I feel that nee updates now is useless. 1080 6" screens already exceed what human eyes and see so anything more is just for show. 2GB of RAM is more then enough for anyone and especially for social media. Don't know why we need more then 4GB and 64-bit except to show. Processors need work to be efficient and not overheat and memory size increase are really the only selling point.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
We are getting to the point in the phone world where each generation is only incrementally better than the last. It seems that it is mostly bells and whistles that they are adding to try and differentiate the new phone from the old. It may be time to start skipping a generation. Until 64 bit is universally accepted as the developer norm, the reasons for moving are getting more difficult to justify.

This is my viewpoint as well. I just don't see enough improvement to justify moving away from my Nexus 6. And I don't think I will for a long time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkhihe