Swiching ON from the Home button ???

razvan30ro

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
HTC Desire

To turn ON/OFF the display , you have to push the POWER button, which is not very convenient using only one hand . Does anybody know if there is any app that can assign the role of the POWER button of swiching ON the screen to one of the front buttons (HOME , MENU,TRACKBALL)???
I found a widget on the market which turns it OFF and I can say I'm happy with it . It's called Lock screen widget.
Swiching ON from the HOME button by ex. would be great !!
Thank you !
RD

stinny7

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest heading to XDA and checking out getting your desire rooted. It's super easy and many custom ROMs have the trackball wake and even unlock built right in. Not to mention the performance and battery life benefits to be had.

Good luck!

razvan30ro

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'm not very familiar with rooting the phone , I'll have to realliy check the benefits before doing it.
The good thing is that it is a much more simple way to wake up the desire from the HOME button , or from any other button by instaling a very nice app called Widget Locker , it's 1.99$ on the market and it works great . It also has a lot of other possibillities ...

Thanks for your suggestion!

Reactions: Julie#AC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke