Swipe on Samsung keyboard... am i crazy

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When i first started using my N2 I swear I could swipe type on the Samsung keyboard. I tried setting it to one handed operation and decided I did not like it and went back to full size but now I can only type on the Samsung keyboard (the ones with the numbers on top as separate keys) or swipe on the swipe keyboard where there are not separate number keys which I love having. Am I remembering this wrong and I could never swipe on the Samsung kbd or is there a magical setting I am missing.

simonncharge

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I can swipe with the Samsung keyboard. Settings>Language and input>Default>. Tap on the wheel beside Samsung keyboard and check Swiftkey flow.

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Looked there and swiftkey flow was grayed out... did some digging on XDA and apparently llama (profiles app) and lightwave (notification led app) have known conflicts with the samsung kbd and swiftkey flow. I disabled both in accessibility and everything is working fine now. Just wanted to let everyone know in case they run into something similar.

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
For about the first month of usage i used the Samsung keyboard and just though Swype was built in. i didn't realize Swype was a completely different keyboard

Im using Swype now but I'm not sure of there's much of a difference

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mahendra K