Switch Back and Forth Between Gear S and Orig. Gear w/ Note 4 ?

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I'm psyched to get my Gear S in a couple of days...ships free overnight shipping from Verizon (which it should for $399!). I have the original Gear (will call it Gear1)....liked it at first until they took away Watch Styler and no apps came out etc...but I did sometimes use the video cam, like at music shows where I could record clips at 720P without holding up my huge Note 4 and getting hassled by people...

So, ..I was wondering, if I keep my orig Gear1, and Gear Manager is on my Note 4....will I easily be able to add the Gear S and get it all set up then switch back and forth if I want to for a night? Like power off the G1 and use the Gear S for a few days and then if I go to a show I power off the Gear s and fire up the Gear1?

Just wondering....

Last edited:

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I have both the gear 1 and gear s and once you have them both set up in the gear manager you can switch back and forth between the 2.

And as for the watch styler app, if you update your gear 1 to tizen (which is easy to do through kies) the watch styler app, as well as hundreds more , are back, and I'm telling you I fell in love with my gear 1 again!

Posted via the Android Central App

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have both the gear 1 and gear s and once you have them both set up in the gear manager you can switch back and forth between the 2.

And as for the watch styler app, if you update your gear 1 to tizen (which is easy to do through kies) the watch styler app, as well as hundreds more , are back, and I'm telling you I fell in love with my gear 1 again!

So I download Kies on my Windows PC and what- I connect the Gear 1 watch via USB??

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I didn't see you posted lol, I'm happy you did the update and figured it out! I'm telling you when I did it I was suprised at how many apps that were on android are on tizen now, I am happy that I helped you, and I hope other people with the gear 1 that are bored with it read this and update.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Well the techy part of me could not switch between the two because I would be looking for the gear 1 to do things the S does. So I sold my Gear 1... I do still own a pebble which I have not used in over a year so I will probably give it away soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63