Switched to LG Stylo 4 3GB --from GS4. Transfer went flawless; love the Stylo 4 !=)

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The LG Stylo 4 seems REALLY NICE so far ! :D Super snappy; super smooth; huge screen; excellent feel; 3300 mAh battery charges fast; stylus & stylus app are very cool :cool: ; runs Android Oreo 8.1; customization is sweet & easy; comes with only Amazon apps showing, and other so-called 'essential' apps in a folder labeled 'Essentials' --so first thing we did was reverse that-- and put all amazon apps in folders, and then spread the 'essential' apps on home page. Haven't disabled amazon apps yet, but will.

Note: The Google app folder has all the Google office suite docs & sheets & templates etc, so really nice to see those included.

Transfer went great; used google for backup - which transferred apps & some other stuff, forgot whatall, and used AT&T Mobile Transfer for good measure - which transfers contacts, phone logs, message conversations, documents, images, files, settings, etc etc.
Btw, the AT&T Mobile Transfer app also auto-activated the Stylo 4; so we didn't have activate via the AT&T website. Did not use 'Samsung Smart Switch' or 'LG Mobile Switch'.

Did have to disable both the Facebook & Instagram apps to get rid of them; e.g. when you try to 'trash' the Facebook & Instagram apps....the 'Trash' can hides and won't appear ...rolleyes... so you have to go to 'app info' > Force stop > Disable, then also dump cache & data.

Other than that, the Stylo 4 seems very clean & snappy, in fact there's no "Apps Drawer", so other than the amazon apps and the Google apps folder, and one folder entitled 'Management' (which contains other seemingly essential apps for maintenance & cleaning & phone management etc)...the phone actually looks and feels much less encumbered than the typ phone! There are several nice widget choices, but as for apps...I guess they figure you'll dwn'ld whatever you want, which again is really nice bcuz overall it means less bloatware.

Oh, and there is a 'Trash' widget that you can dock with main apps at bottom of screen, or put anywhere, that holds your deleted apps for 24 hours...before deleting them.

All in all, for $750 less than the Galaxy Note 8 & 9 . . . the LG Stylo 4 seems like a fantastic choice so far. :cool:

** Used this case: (but it seems very thick and a bit awkward, but may actually be pretty good for elderly fam mem) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6359911

** Used this screen protector: (which has video, and went on super easy w/no bubbles or lines) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6359911

Last edited:

kojackjku

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like a great phone for sure. I am on the fence about getting rid of my iPhone 8 and apple watch and moving to the stylo plus and some sort of wear OS watch like the casio.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a great phone for sure. I am on the fence about getting rid of my iPhone 8 and apple watch and moving to the stylo plus and some sort of wear OS watch like the casio.

He moved from an S4. You're moving from an iPhone 8. It won't be as fluid and as snappy as your iPhone.