Switching carriers, will new SIM delete photos on Galaxy Grand?

wotbusat

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
My friend will change carrier later this week and will have a new sim card. She is worried about losing photo's/contacts.Please can you advise me how to help her save her photo's and contacts. I understand from her conversation she has arranged to keep the same telephone number.
Thanks.

wotbusat

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, from the number of views/replies obviously a dummo question so another try.
Samsung Galaxy Grand - carrier change.
Will all photo's remain (probably) and contacts (not sure) when the new carrier sim card is inserted.
Thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. :)
Please forgive the tardy reply.

It would be a good idea to backup contacts, photos and other personal data to your - that is, your friend's - Google account. When signing in to that account on a new device, the data will download to that device.

Posted via the Android Central App

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Photos are stored on Internal memory and/or SD card which is separate from SIM card

Contacts however can be stored on the SIM card but if there is a active Google account on the phone most numbers on there should be backed up to G servers

There is many contact apps that will save contacts in an .VCF file that can later be restored with the same app example "Super Backup"

wotbusat

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
:) Thank you all for your replies.
The change went without any loss at all so she is very happy (and me). Old sim out, new sim in, activate, presto.
My own smartphone is "the other one" so I was not much use to my friend in the Config department.
Wotbus :)

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
:) Thank you all for your replies.
The change went without any loss at all so she is very happy (and me). Old sim out, new sim in, activate, presto.
My own smartphone is "the other one" so I was not much use to my friend in the Config department.
Wotbus :)

You're welcome :)