Swype app says trial period is over, but I can't purchase the app

EsEllEmm

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I like using the Swype keyboard on my phone (Note 9.) I know that a Swype-like feature is now standard on the Note 9, but in my experience it just doesn't work quite as well as the genuine Swype app that I had on my last phone as standard.

Sadly I discovered that Swype as a company went under. But luckily I found the apk for the Swype keyboard, and I installed it. But today suddenly the app says that the trial period is over and prompts me to buy the app. But when I click the link to, it just sends me to a never-ending loading screen in the Play Store. I presume it's because you can't actually buy the app any more since the company is out of business.

So what can I do to keep using this keyboard? I'd gladly pay and buy the app, but that doesn't seem possible any more. All I have now is an app nagging me to purchase the full version that seems to be impossible to purchase.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The bottom line - you won't be able to. As time goes on I imagine that keyboard would stop working anyway as the oldest API that Android supports moves past the last API the keyboard used.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter