Swype Takes Forever To Pop Up

Halifax

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why, but Swype can sometimes take up to 30 seconds to pop up when I try to bring up the keyboard (never comes up quickly) and takes at least 10 seconds after changing device orientation to get working again. Is there any easy way to uninstall and reinstall Swype or reset its settings completely without losing my custom dictionary? I'm not liking the similar Samsung keyboard as much.

I'm rooted so I can retrieve the dictionary file for manual backup if that's possible.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why, but Swype can sometimes take up to 30 seconds to pop up when I try to bring up the keyboard (never comes up quickly) and takes at least 10 seconds after changing device orientation to get working again. Is there any easy way to uninstall and reinstall Swype or reset its settings completely without losing my custom dictionary? I'm not liking the similar Samsung keyboard as much.

I'm rooted so I can retrieve the dictionary file for manual backup if that's possible.

Google Keyboard allows swiping. You may want to try that, see if it's faster. Otherwise, clearing cache in recovery, or changing animations in Developers Options down to .5 can help make things smooth.

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that took away the "Swype lag" for me was a factory reset. Backed up and restored only user apps (not system) with titanium. Before that check Swype settings it allows you to sync it so that you can retrieve your custom dictionary at a later time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is true, doing a factory reset did fix the lag BUT A FEW WEEKS LATER RIGHT BACK TO THE LAG. This latest update sucks. Freezing keyboard, BATTERY LIFE DEPLETED. I AM SICK OF IT.

Classy Mind

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Google keyboard was the closest thing to Swype keyboard prediction... my only problem is that it doesn't allow gesture (Swype) in other languages (at least Arabic for me)... and I'm too am tired of Swype lag when syncing

jakeinator21

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
In the settings menu enable swype connect so it will back up your library, then once it's ready you can wipe data and you should be back in business. I'd suggest going through your user dictionary and removing any words you don't need as it will help to keep the problem from coming back sooner. If you download the paid version it will be lightning fast once you get it but it will eventually get slower too. Cearing data regularly will keep it fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796