Sync Android phone calendar to desktop Google Calendar

CIT_Lab_Guy

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Problem: Appointments / events created on my LG Optimus G were not syncing to desktop Google Calendar. No problem with appointments / events created on desktop syncing down to phone.
Problem Identification: Default calendar when creating appointment / event on phone was calendar called "Phone". There is no calendar on desktop called "Phone".
Solution: Pick different calendar when creating an appointment / event on your phone. For me, it was my existing gmail email account calendar (name@Gmail.com).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your post, and welcome to Android Central! You're correct, this is one of the pitfalls of entering Calendar events or Contacts on the phone--if they're being entered into the Phone account rather than the Google account, they won't be synced with the Google Cloud. The only way to sync the Phone account is usually through proprietary software like HTC Sync or Verizon's Backup Assistant, and these will only sync with your computer (HTC Sync) or Verizon's own cloud.

KillaCan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

I think my issue could fit in here. Hope you can help me out.
I have recently created a Google account and want to sync the events I put in my phone to the Google calendar (on desktop, I do not have the app installed).
Everything works, but when I enter a new item in my phone's calendar it alwas chooses PC Sync in stead of my Google account.
I first had my Hotmail account in there as well, but I removed that hoping the calendar would select the Google account as a default. (Hotmail was the default before)
Now, even when I deselect all calendars in the settings (that would be shown in the calendar) and I add a new item, it still selects PC Sync (although I have that deselected).

I've just reconnected my hotmail account and it has become the default account again.

Do you know any way to make the Google account as a default?

Hope I made this comprehensible...

Thanks!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to select your Google account when you're entering an event? If so, when you enter the next event, does it still not default to Google?

Posted via Android Central App

KillaCan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response!

I can select my Google account (other options are PC Sync and Hotmail), it's just that it keeps giving Hotmail as the default.
I have tried adding several 'test' events, but it still gives Hotmail as the default.

My guess is: keep trying by changing to the Google account every time until it might recognise that the Google account is now the most frequently used account.
Unless I'm missing some setting (which I haven't found yet) that changes it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I don't have multiple accounts connected to my calendar, so I can't comment on that. I agree that adding several events on your Google account calendar might be helpful.

Posted via Android Central App