Sync Pie calendar and contacts with MPE (My phone explorer) , Outlook PST and google?

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
For years I have used MPE to sync phones to Outlok PST files. It runs as an android app and on windows desktop. It populates the default gmail account calendar and contact buckets on the phone. It syncs changes between outlook and the phone. I have never synced to Google but of course do have an account for the phone .

I never use outlook anymore so it is more of a backup now, phone to outlook pst.

I also now have multiple android devices like tablets and miss having the data there.

If there is anyone using MPE curious if anyone has turned on google sync to also have the data in your Google account so devices could share. In the past just using phone and outlook made sense but perhaps no more.

Not sure if this is doable going forward or if I just need to move wholesale.
Thanks,

BJBBJB

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Ive used MPE in the past, and used Google sync at the same time. They don't conflict with each other. If the devices all sync to the same Google account, they'll all stay in sync, otherwise you'll have to use something like MPE to keep them synced to each other.

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Ive used MPE in the past, and used Google sync at the same time. They don't conflict with each other. If the devices all sync to the same Google account, they'll all stay in sync, otherwise you'll have to use something like MPE to keep them synced to each other.
@Rukbat,
Thanks!!!! Phone and tablet are on same google account. If I could bother you with a few more details....
How much history does Google sync for the calendar? I have a long long time in there. Is this a setting on the Google web account?

Would this process make sense? Sync phone to outlook via MPE as always.
Turn on Google sync for phone which would populate the empty Google calendar and contact buckets in cloud.

Then, if I turn on google sync on for the tablet, it should sync that same data to the tablet?

And any later change to phone or tablet syncs to cloud and would eventually sync to outlook when I periodically run MPE to sync there?

I back my photos and texts too with mpe but could turn on Google photo backup too. Being sucked into the collective!:)

Thanks a lot,
BJBBJB

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
@Rukbat,
Just a polite bump, wonder if you had any input on my questions. I feel I am very close to finally putting this transition/backup plan together and just need a few more nuggets of info.

Thanks!
BJB1

bmaz121

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have Google Sync turned off. I noticed since Oreo my Google Calendar App Does not show entries synced by 3rd party apps. If I add a third party App calendar to the phones Google Calendar it shows but the Sync to Native Calendar does not work. What are the changes in Google Calendar App on the phone that it doesn't get updated. Is there some setting on Pie that stops it from being updated? Even the MPE does not update it, though, the display in MPE shows the entries. Bootlegers Rom on OnePlus One. Nano Gaps. I have trouble understanding the different Calendar apps. One is Android calendar another is Google Calendar. Are they the same?