Question Syncing multiple phone contacts

galvan1098

Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
HI I have 3 Samsung phones that work from a single Google account. Being a NON-techie I recently discovered that because my google account has been full from more than 6 months ago Google Sync has been turned off on all 3 phones. Over the last 6+ months each phone has accumulated different contacts that are now unique to each phone's contact list.

galvan1098

Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
I'm quite nervous about "Syncing" as I i'm afraid that one set of contacts may cause contacts to be deleted from a different syncing. I hope this is clear.
My question is how do it get all my contacts together in one place?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that your Google account is "full"? Google's limit for individual contacts is 25,000 -- do you actually have more than that?

galvan1098

Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
Thank you, the account limit was reached (and stopped syncing,15GB) due to files that shouldn't be backed up there. They were more than 8GB so i deleted them. But that unsynced status of the Google acc lasted over several months and it stopped all devices syncing. As a result some devices have accumulated different contacts. When i switch on sync on each device how will the contacts be synced?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Something doesn't sound right there, because contacts shouldn't count towards your Google Drive storage limit, and it seems odd that all of your devices would stop syncing everything (rather than just Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos) because of your Google Drive limit being reached.

In any case, if you turn sync on, I believe all new contacts will be added to your Google Contacts in the cloud, and therefore synced to all devices that are logged into that same Google account. It might be a little trickier if you deleted a contact on any of the devices -- if that contact had already been synced to the cloud, then deleting it on one device that then syncs with the cloud would probably delete it from all connected devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201