Syncinng hero with vista 64 bit

jregan68

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone been able to sync a hero on a computer with vista 64 bit? when I attatch my hero to my laptop, I cannot use explorer to add simple things like music. I can do it with my desktop which is running vista home 32 bit. When I try to go to the folder, it tells me "please insert a disk in to removable disk h"

Last edited:

mmhhc

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I am able to sync with vista 64-bit. You might be getting that error because the SD card is not mounted yet. You mount the card by pulling down the notifications screen and selecting the "USB Connected" option. You will be asked if you want to turn on USB storage, select Mount. After this, the microSD card will be a recognized sotrage device.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Further detail
Step 1: Plug in phone via usb
Step 2: You should see usb symbol and sync circle at the top
Step 3: Pull down notification menu (tap and hold top of screen and drag down)
Step 4: Select usb icon
Step 5: Mount drive
Step 6: Open My Computer and you should see it as a device on there (once recognized/drivers installed)
If this is too mundane, you can just download from the market a mount usb toggle to put on your homescreen (or one of your 7 screens).

jregan68

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
rufflez, I tried what you suggested even downloading the mount usb program as you suggested. When I try to click on ony of the folders in my computer, I get the same error message. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

John

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yikes, I dunno, maybe slide out the back, and pop in and out the SD card and try again? You could try installing the drivers from the SDK, but I highly doubt thats going to work as those drivers are for something totally different

jregan68

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I did try installing the sdk drivers with no luck. If anyone else has any other suggestions they would be appriciated.

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue with recognizing my phone at first with Win7 64 bit. My fix (although it might not have fixed it, but worth a shot) was to install HTC sync to amke sure you have the correct windows drivers installed for the phone.

jregan68

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Can someone post a like for the correct driver? I have sync installed and no luck. It sucks to have to pull the microSD card out everytime I want to add music or whatever.

jregan68

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
For anyone having this problem, I updated to 2.1 today and have not had any problems like I had before. Looks like 2.1 was the fix for my problem.

jregan68

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
No problems connecting what so ever. I am running vista ultimate x64 and up until today, I haven't been able to connect my hero to my laptop. I was able to connect to my desktop which is running plain vista home.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqw999adsfdg