System update available!

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Playing around in the settings, I clicked on 'system updates' expecting to see the same old message, "phone is up to date". But I was surprised when the screen closed and the little update icon appeared in my notifications with the message- "system update paused, waiting for Wi-Fi." Could this be marshmallow? Can't wait to see what this is once I find a wifi source later.

Lasermn

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I installed it yesterday. Didn't do a factory reset, didn't even clear the cache. Phone works great. Hoping that the Doze feature will give a nice bump to battery life. Everything has worked great. Love that the phone app has put the dialer back as a default so you don't have to tap the screen twice to get to it!

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I installed it yesterday. Didn't do a factory reset, didn't even clear the cache. Phone works great. Hoping that the Doze feature will give a nice bump to battery life. Everything has worked great. Love that the phone app has put the dialer back as a default so you don't have to tap the screen twice to get to it!

Yes that's one of the first things I noticed. It always frustrated me to have to click twice just to dial a number. This is awesome

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
What was the volume issue?

In lollipop, pressing the volume rocker always brought up a volume menu which I found annoying. Also you couldn't turn the volume down to vibrate. It's a normal volume again haha.
I just noticed you can "clear all" open apps at one time, instead of manually having to close each one.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
In lollipop, pressing the volume rocker always brought up a volume menu which I found annoying. Also you couldn't turn the volume down to vibrate. It's a normal volume again haha.
I just noticed you can "clear all" open apps at one time, instead of manually having to close each one.
Interesting. I'm aware if the menu which appears, but I've never had an issue voluming down to vibrate. We'll, at least it's working for you now.

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. I'm aware if the menu which appears, but I've never had an issue voluming down to vibrate. We'll, at least it's working for you now.

Yes this is a good update. Fixed alot of annoying things in lollipop. Just push the phone icon for the dialer. Clear all running apps with one click. And turn volume up or down without a menu popping up. Just straight forward ease of use.

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Only real glitchis from those who took the update that had encrypted their phones. If you value root, unlock the bootloader with 'Sunshine'. Otherwise, taking the update will lock out the only bootloader exploit that allowed Sunshine to work. Even if you don't root, an unlocked bootloader is valuable in fixing glitches.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
So happy with this update.. 6.0 is everything 5.1 wasn't.. Doze is working great I love the permissions.. Battery life is same or better! I only lost 3% over night last night! Thanks to the small DEV team that worked on this great job guys!

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
The sound really sucks even worse after MM, but did install without much ado even while being encrypted. took a while for apps to settle out but eventually in working order now. I noticed there are no settings options on some things, like storage, sound, phone. Some of the user functionality has been axed. So disappointed with the sound, every update since it was new has reduced volume and lowered quality, and now there is no way (that I've found) that you can even access settings for a general sound mixer that works across all apps. Bout done with google, android, and the whole lot. The losses overshadow any benefit (if there is a useful one, I don't know it) other than security (and...how do you know here) with the MM. Just take more away, trim back options, and force-feed a platform that is sadly inept. Getting a S8 next spring if they come out...if it sucks, that will be last smartphone for me. On to a jitterbug and a pda (may see if I can fire up my old palm)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david3528