T-Mobile G4 died on initial startup.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I received my G4 on Monday. On Tues, I powered up to begin the initial setup. It got to the Android apps starting 1 of 9 screen, stayed there until 2 of 9. Screen went blank, and it hasn't worked since. I tried the hard reset. Volume down + power, release power @ LG screen and press power again. I select to restore, it hangs for and second then displays the android guy lying down with the red triangle.

Anyone else receive a phone with what I assume is a bad load / recovery?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a G4, but that's what warranties are for. Bring it in to a TMobile store, with all the paperwork that came with it, and ask them for a new one.

These are electronic devices. They fail. Some fail early (it's called infant mortality - and has been happening since before I got my first job in electronics in 1960, since it was an old term back then). It's no reflection on the manufacturer. The world's not perfect. If 3 out of 5 fail, that's a bad manufacturer. If 2 or 3 out of thousands fail, that's normal.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to see if anyone had a remedy for the issue? I ordered online from T-Mobile.com so I'm sure I'll have to wait a few days for them to send me out another unit. If there is a quick fix like loading a factory image, I'll all for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felichino