T-Mobile in S.W. Florida

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have seen other threads in this area regarding service in various geographic areas. I thought I'd start one up for the area I live in, which is southwest Florida. This area includes Sarasota, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Pine Island, Cape Coral, Fort Myers and North Fort Myers, Lehigh Acres, Estero, Bonita Springs, Naples, and Marco Island.

I travel around in the Cape Coral / Fort Myers metro area, so that's what I will comment on. I would encourage others who live in or travel in the other cities named here to add comments about their own experiences.

I own a Nexus 4, which is a pentaband HSPA+ 42 device. What I have found generally is data rates in the range of 12-18Mbps down and 1-1.9Mbps up.

I'll add more in a bit.

dptgator

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I am interested in trying T-Mobile in SWFL, mainly in Naples, FL. What is your experience with the voice and data coverage. I understand that it is fast when you do have coverage but I'm wondering how consistent it is. Thanks!
Also, are you going straight through T-Mobile or are you through an MVNO like Straight Talk or Simple Mobile?

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm going directly through T-Mobile. I haven't got a clue what T-Mo's coverage is like in Naples, but I would welcome anyone who lives there to share their experiences here.

dptgator

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
How is it in Cape Coral/Ft Myers?

I just bought a month of the 100min/5GB plan to test out the service. In Naples, I have had HSPA+ so far on Livingston between Pine ridge and immokalee. Speeds at abouy 15mb down and 1.5mb up. On fort myers beach, it was quite a bit slower but still H+, 1mb down, 1mb up.

I haven't lost service at all yet but its only been 2 days.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
How is it in Cape Coral/Ft Myers?

I just bought a month of the 100min/5GB plan to test out the service. In Naples, I have had HSPA+ so far on Livingston between Pine ridge and immokalee. Speeds at abouy 15mb down and 1.5mb up. On fort myers beach, it was quite a bit slower but still H+, 1mb down, 1mb up.

I haven't lost service at all yet but its only been 2 days.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't had many problems in Ft Myers area. My Mom works in Naples and is on our fam plan doesn't complain to me either about coverage so it seems fairly good imo. I get fairly fast data speeds and don't usually have problems except when I go into places like Publix or Target. They do have WiFi though so if you have a phone with WiFi calling, then it'll work out.

I'm on a Nexus 4 atm but soon to be S4, so once I get that WiFi calling I'll be a lot happier. My work building has problems with signal as well.

They seem to have the towers here to be effective but with their frequency it just doesn't penetrate buildings well. Otherwise, imo its MUCH better than I had with Sprint for 5 or so years in this area. Even though voice on Sprint was flawless for the first 4(went downhill after that), the data speeds were just unbearable. No complaints in that department with T-Mo and the price is just right.

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Lakewood Ranch in Bradenton and at my house, the service is terrible. So bad, I had to call to get a range extender.
I'm a sales rep and drive the whole West Coast.
There are some dropped calls on I75 between each of the major cities.
Overall is ok. Don't have any comparison with any other carriers though.

Posted via Android Central App

flamorte33421

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I have been on t-mobile pre-pay for about (3) weeks since i am just trying out the service before I switch from Verizon. I must say that t-mobile works great on the east coast of Florida. (Jupiter-Miami-Wellington-Weston) However, once I hit Naples the landscaped changed drastically. I received no 4g in the country club I attend nor could i make phone calls in certain locations outside. For the first time since I started the service I’ve been disappointed. I am even concidering staying with Verizon since I've never had issues no matter wher I traveles. Whether it was up to Spring Hill , Orlando, Stuart...you get the point. Anyway I hope this has helped those wanting to save some money ghink twice. I guess it's all about Sacrificing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays