T-Mobile LG G4 MM Stock images and KDZ

nickdaman

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Nope, no update available so looking like we got punked for sure maybe tomorrow lol!

I installed bridge just for this and connected my phone so might as well just charge up the phone now.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to make a post on this not being out yet. Let's hope this sets a fire under tmobile to get the ota out. I just hope it's not as bug ridden as my moto X1 was with lollipop.

Posted via the Android Central App

earthor1

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I was able to get mine up to Android 6.0 but now my Google Play Store won't load, the loading wheel just keeps spinning for me. I tried clearing the cache and even force stopping the software. Anyone have any ideas before I factory reset my phone to get my phone back to proper working order?

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I see that I am able to download it, if I dare. Which I'm sort of scared to do since the bridge app keeps force closing on my Mac. That sure wouldn't be super fun to have happen during some crucial upgrade process... Sigh. Guess waiting for the OTA is probably the safest bet. I'm more worried about ruining my phone than I am about losing info..

Posted via the Android Central App

Brian_d

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I got a notification this am that the mm update is available for my g4. Not going to do it until I see that the update is stable...

Dutch R

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I just updated my G4 to MM. I followed the information trail from the Android Central (AC) article to Reddit where I found a step by step by step guide as referenced in the AC article. I had no prior experience updating a phone via this method - it was quite easy. FYI, the method outlined on the Reddit string does not employ LG Bridge, it requires installation of a different program - all of the requried information is listed. I will update this post later with performance details. Screenshot_2016-02-05-10-18-39.jpg

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
FYI includes Advanced Messaging and Video Calling:

Des ‏@askdes Bellevue, WA
Software Update: Hey @TMobile #LGG4 users - is that Marshmallow, Video Calling & Advanced Messaging hitting?!? #YES!

johnbunnjovi

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded it last night. I have been looking for videos on youtube that show the new features. All of the videos that I have found show Android 6.0 on a Nexus phone. It looks nothing like what I now have on my G4.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded it last night. I have been looking for videos on youtube that show the new features. All of the videos that I have found show Android 6.0 on a Nexus phone. It looks nothing like what I now have on my G4.

Nexus devices have pure Android. The G4 has been skinned by LG and messed with by the carriers.

salpiche

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
When doing the update via Bridge it will not go pass preparing stopping at 95%, do I have to do something in specific to get it to go?

pausedat95.png

update: updated drivers and it is now working

Last edited:

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
For those that have upgraded to Marshmallow (T-Mobile version) - any issues? I'm downloading it now using LG Bridge. (edit: finished upgrade)

Edit: A few things...
* It wants to install Evernote - under System Settings->About phone->Update center->App updated
weird because I never installed from the Play store. LG partnered with them?
*Access Lock - permissions still looks like it works. Is this still needed with Marshmallow?
That's it for the moment.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolwilliamson