T-Mobile moved Nougat 7.0 from Manufacturer Development to Testing

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Now phase two. From what I've seen in the past, this usually happens no more than about 2 weeks before release

T-Mobile Testing
Software Version: Android 7.0 "Nougat"
T-Mobile and the device manufacturer have agreed to support a new software update.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Now phase two. From what I've seen in the past, this usually happens no more than about 2 weeks before release

T-Mobile Testing
T-Mobile and the device manufacturer have agreed to support a new software update.
That's good news. Hopefully everything goes smooth in testing for release.

Allen Brandt

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. It's my biggest sore point with Android: the inability to have current patches. Too bad this isn't offered as a service: for $12/yr, you are guaranteed monthly patches and updates. I'd pay

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
My husband has an iPhone 6 (not even the 6s, the 6) and he's had several updates in the 9 months he's had the phone. Android is much fewer and farther between as far as updates and patches go.

thevacantsoul

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought a galaxy S7 edge G395u model unlocked from Best Buy and I'm using it on Tmobile. Do you guys know if I will get the android 7.0 update from Tmobile over the air?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. It's my biggest sore point with Android: the inability to have current patches. Too bad this isn't offered as a service: for $12/yr, you are guaranteed monthly patches and updates. I'd pay

Get a Google phone (like the Pixel) and then you can have that :p. Sadly the carrier branded phones have to go from Google -> Manufacturer -> Carrier -> then finally you.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought a galaxy S7 edge G395u model unlocked from Best Buy and I'm using it on Tmobile. Do you guys know if I will get the android 7.0 update from Tmobile over the air?
The update for the unlocked US model will come from Samsung. Samsung said there will be quarterly updates so it will probably be a few months before we get it on this phone.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I was in the Beta test, but on Verizon, so I still have the earlier Beta version (and have had absolutely no issues with it at all...and my battery life has been radically better with it).

At the end of the Beta testing in December, they stated that testers were supposed to get the official release first. Some in Europe seemed to, but I haven't seen anyone on the US carriers (TMO or Sprint) indicate they receieved it. Has anyone on TMO recieved the official release after participating in the Beta test? Maybe I misunderstood the timing? It sure read as though the testers would get the release immenently (as the Eurpoean testers did).

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if nougat will be able to stop my intermittent issue with the pull down notification screen not working at all. It's doing it again today. I'm going to restart the phone and about 99% sure that quick fix will work again. Just a pain having to do that. My note 5 works fantastically, but the battery life isn't great

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if nougat will be able to stop my intermittent issue with the pull down notification screen not working at all. It's doing it again today. I'm going to restart the phone and about 99% sure that quick fix will work again. Just a pain having to do that. My note 5 works fantastically, but the battery life isn't great

I've had that happen on two S7 Edges. Simply turning off the screen and turning it back on fixes it. Never needed to restart the phone.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site

T-Mobile Testing
Nice. Was wondering what the avg time it stays in testing phase was. For some reason thought it was a month or so.