T-Mobile price drop

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It is 870. Wow. I wonder if this is a sale or perm price drop. Either way just a month on the market and the 128 is already on sale? I wonder if the 128gb version is not selling well for them. The 512 is still full price though so that makes me wonder.

LOL the s9 Plus is still 840.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If I were to go to Tmobile and open a new account there could I pay $870 cash then leave in a few months if dissatisfied with reception? Usually they force you to port over a line or keep service for 2 years to get special price

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It is 870. Wow. I wonder if this is a sale or perm price drop. Either way just a month on the market and the 128 is already on sale? I wonder if the 128gb version is not selling well for them. The 512 is still full price though so that makes me wonder.

So the fact that they give away one for free at launch isn't a sale? Or the fact that these usually go on promotional sales and deals whenever a new iPhone is released?

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile didn’t give anything away at launch. They gave trade in amounts up to $500. I got a $500 trade-in for my note 5 that I wanted to keep as a spare phone as I loved that phone. But T-Mobile hardly ever has any specials where you don’t have to add a line.
So I did it and got my note 9 and traded in my note 5.
So the fact that they give away one for free at launch isn't a sale? Or the fact that these usually go on promotional sales and deals whenever a new iPhone is released?

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

The 512 dropped in price also, $1119.99, my guess is T-Mobile struggled to sell phones due to the high down payments. note9512.JPG

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The 512 dropped in price also, $1119.99, my guess is T-Mobile struggled to sell phones due to the high down payments. View attachment 290930

I'm sure that's one factor. Also, some people probably ordered off Amazon the unlocked model since wifi calling and the works work with the unlocked version. I hope down the road that doesn't give them any ideas to stop allowing features to work on the unlocked models.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure that's one factor. Also, some people probably ordered off Amazon the unlocked model since wifi calling and the works work with the unlocked version. I hope down the road that doesn't give them any ideas to stop allowing features to work on the unlocked models.

T-Mobile has always been a BYOD carrier. I'm sure they will never allow this to happen.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

Yes, I'm sure some went with buying unlocked versions elsewhere, including Samsung, Amazon and Best Buy. A lot of Jump on Demand people probably stayed away unless they got a lower down payment.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
There is still a down payment, it's just lower, some of the more special customers might be down to $0 down payment for JOD.
I always buy my phones outright through T-Mobile so it shows zero down for the Note 9 for me.

I got a Note 9 through T-Mobile last Monday and it still shows zero down for the Note 9.