TAB A is not no way allowing me to move or create shortcuts.

anon(8095136)

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I was helped find this forum after I introduced myself. I'll post that same introduction and it spells out my issues.

=================================================

I have had the same old $9.95 Dollar Store tracfone and a 10 year old Xoom. So things are slow on them, couldn't be updated etc.

So within 2 weeks I purchased a
LG Premier Pro LTE to replace the phone
and a
Samsung Tab A to replace the tablet
both new ones are android OS

Lot of things are same but there is some annoying differences as I try to get them on the same page.

One of the worst things, and I've read every resolution on Google I think.

I go to the APP DRAWER. Press on an app. And I do not get the option to move to home screen. A pop up says INFO, TAGS and one or two other things. I am at a loss how to add theses drawer apps to the home screen. The Play Store is not even putting icons on the home screen now. And the fix for that, so I've read, is to go to your Play Store setting and choose add an icon. I do not even find that option?

I ask this, not an introduction I guess but I can't find anywhere here for tablets. Has this group any help with android tablets.

Well I am a Veteran of Viet Nam Era. Retired of course. Had computers since 1987 and I swear they are getting less friendly than they were 30 years ago. I go back as far as Basic Code and the command prompt to run programs.

Can anyone direct me to the right forum, even if this doesn't have one maybe you know where there is a good Tablet forum for Samsung? I have exhausted everything.

Also I tried often to swipe down on the home page and was told I'd see a way to add icons. All I see is WALLPAPERS WIDGETS and HOME SCREEN SETTINGS

Thanks so much !! jack ":-{D

anon(8095136)

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
B.Diddy i have searched everywhere Apps, App Drawer and i do not find settings. I use the searches found on many of those locations nothing produces results for Easy Mode! And id say 90% of the results i find on Google and fourms does not apply to this device. I bought it new recently at Bestbuy on a good sale but found out later it was produced in 2016. Most explanations say See, theres where your resolution is found but most times it is not. I may have to take this back. Ive already performed a factory reset because the touch sensity was so bad compared to my 10 year old Xoom tablet. Im at a loss

anon(8095136)

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
B.Diddy i found the resolution.

jackdashack

I found the resolution to this. Swipe down on the home screen. Mine says tags widgets and home screen settings. Everyone was saying something like, Look for Home Screen Shortcuts. Mine didn't have that so I backed out of those options when it was just one more step away. Can't believe someone hadn't had the same Tab A as me.

What I didn't know is when you tap home screen settings there is a option to add or remove the apps icon from the home screen. For some reason I guess I had turned Apps icon off. So I turn the apps icon back on and appeared on the home screen and everything was hunky-dory from there. I could make shortcuts from the apps icon not the apps drawer of the apps icon thank you all so much.

Last edited:

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I was helped find this forum after I introduced myself. I'll post that same introduction and it spells out my issues.

=================================================

I have had the same old $9.95 Dollar Store tracfone and a 10 year old Xoom. So things are slow on them, couldn't be updated etc.

So within 2 weeks I purchased a
LG Premier Pro LTE to replace the phone
and a
Samsung Tab A to replace the tablet
both new ones are android OS

Lot of things are same but there is some annoying differences as I try to get them on the same page.

One of the worst things, and I've read every resolution on Google I think.

I go to the APP DRAWER. Press on an app. And I do not get the option to move to home screen. A pop up says INFO, TAGS and one or two other things. I am at a loss how to add theses drawer apps to the home screen. The Play Store is not even putting icons on the home screen now. And the fix for that, so I've read, is to go to your Play Store setting and choose add an icon. I do not even find that option?

I ask this, not an introduction I guess but I can't find anywhere here for tablets. Has this group any help with android tablets.

Well I am a Veteran of Viet Nam Era. Retired of course. Had computers since 1987 and I swear they are getting less friendly than they were 30 years ago. I go back as far as Basic Code and the command prompt to run programs.

Can anyone direct me to the right forum, even if this doesn't have one maybe you know where there is a good Tablet forum for Samsung? I have exhausted everything.

Also I tried often to swipe down on the home page and was told I'd see a way to add icons. All I see is WALLPAPERS WIDGETS and HOME SCREEN SETTINGS

Thanks so much !! jack ":-{D

Well I'm hoping to add MIPC app to these tablets I bought to mount in the house to monitor out cameras.

Question?
You can add apps from the play store right?

They give you 32gigs of Space originally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia