TAG Android Wear

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have insight to this upcoming device?

Thoughts on what pricing may be?

Is anyone, besides me, interested in a premium Android Wear watch that can be updated?

Posted via the Android Central App

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have insight to this upcoming device?

Thoughts on what pricing may be?

Is anyone, besides me, interested in a premium Android Wear watch that can be updated?

Posted via the Android Central App
Sadly, there is very little concrete information about the Tag smartwatch to be. Just little snippets here and there.... Intel will be involved somehow, the watch design will most likely be based off Tag's popular Carrera line.

Pricing is anyone's guess at this point, however if you are familiar with Tag's pricing on their traditional watches that should give you an indication of the ball park they plan to target.

I'm excited to see what they come up with, not only because of their name & history, but because I've been waiting a long time to finally see the traditional watchmakers jump in and try their hand at smartwatches!

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
They previously said $1400.

[edit]: Re: the updating, that is the part with the least info and the part I am most sceptical about. Obviously, I have no interest in paying $1400 (fine jewelry prices) for something that is essentially disposable tech. Also obviously, it will get software updates. But I think tag is somehow claiming it will also be able to get its hardware updated which just seems like a fairy tale to me.