Talk to text fubar Android Galaxy S10

erinrua

Jul 16, 2019
Visit site
I haven't tried voice to text on the S10+ yet but I was curious as to how you send that text? My car will read incoming texts to me and on my previous phone which was a LG G6 I tried to use "Hey Google" to respond and it did compose the text but I still had to hit a button on the phone to send it which to me is strange because I thought the whole thing was for it to be "hands free".

I don't think talk-to-text is designed to be hands free. It's just a way to compose a text, email or other message without pecking at those itty bitty phone keys, and to do so at a talking rather than finger-pecking speed. So, I have to hit Send once I compose the text, email or message, just the same as if I'd typed it by hand.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't think talk-to-text is designed to be hands free. It's just a way to compose a text, email or other message without pecking at those itty bitty phone keys, and to do so at a talking rather than finger-pecking speed. So, I have to hit Send once I compose the text, email or message, just the same as if I'd typed it by hand.

Ok thanks. Turns out I was doing it right, I just wasn't sure.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't have to hit a button to send mine I say hey Google send a text to my husband and I speak what I want to say it says you want to send the text and I say yes I don't have to touch my phone at all.

My phone was defaulted to Samsung when I first got it and I hated it and then I figure it out to change it to Google and it gets my speaking right most of the time. I'm glad you got yours fixed!

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I don't have to hit a button to send mine I say hey Google send a text to my husband and I speak what I want to say it says you want to send the text and I say yes I don't have to touch my phone at all.

My phone was defaulted to Samsung when I first got it and I hated it and then I figure it out to change it to Google and it gets my speaking right most of the time. I'm glad you got yours fixed!

The phone asks you if you want to send the text? How does it know you're finished dictating it?

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My car will read incoming texts to me and on my previous phone which was a LG G6 I tried to use "Hey Google" to respond and it did compose the text but I still had to hit a button on the phone to send it which to me is strange because I thought the whole thing was for it to be "hands free".

You're describing Cortana from Microsoft. Oh how I miss her.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire