Tapatalk 4.9.5.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone NOT like the new Tapatalk.

It does not delete the old one. I didn't get an update notification from the Play Store. Treated as 2 different apps.
Only knew when I tried to upload an image on the previous one and got a pop up to use the new one for images.

I notice I cannot access the web view after selecting Tapatalk rather than (Samsung) Internet browser previously. I cleared all data and tried again.

I also cannot delete one image (private info) in edit mode, only text appears in edit view now. Would have to delete and try again.

As a screenshot addict this may become too traumatic.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had to upload many images since I started using Tapatalk. The ones I did try uploading, it seemed to take forever, and a couple tries as well.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I had ticked the 'upload images even on a weak signal' box but couldn't view 70% of images on Tapatalk for a few weeks; so I needed the web view, which worked until this update. It also transposed my Crackberry username into an AC username.
Shame, I like Tapatalk. Hopefully it will iron out. I may message them later if I don't need Google +.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
There's another one now? I wish they'd make up their minds how they want to support their app. This is the second or third time they've moved the premier version to a new package.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There's another one now? I wish they'd make up their minds how they want to support their app. This is the second or third time they've moved the premier version to a new package.
You won't see an update for it in My Apps. You have to search for a Tapatalk app and you will have an install button for another one!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Edit:
If you get the message telling you to switch to a different tapatalk, do it, it will take you to the download like for version 4.5 which is completely different than tapatalk hd version 4.3. Those of us that had to switch, bought tapatalk hd awhile ago.

Sent from my LG-E980

Last edited:

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Tapatalk 4.9.5 is the newest one, the one they are currently supporting. The one I was using before is called tapatalk HD version 4.6.3.

Sent from my LG-E980

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I went and found it when I saw this thread earlier today. Seems good; my paid status transferred without a problem and though I wouldn't characterize the new design as markedly better, it's certainly not worse. Using it to post this now, in fact.

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I think the new app is free, and that is what made me feel cheated. Since I recall I have to pay $2.99 twice for tapatalk. It told me I couldn't get the refund because I didn't read the email they suppose sent me. Well, at least the ui is better.

Sent from my LG-E980

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I think the new app is free, and that is what made me feel cheated. Since I recall I have to pay $2.99 twice for tapatalk. It told me I couldn't get the refund because I didn't read the email they suppose sent me. Well, at least the ui is better.

Sent from my LG-E980
They ditched the Pro in May with a notice on the Play Store, but gave us "VIP" status, lol. I happened across it and stuck it here. Who was going to see it.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=3676028

I like Tapatalk in general, but it was hard (for me) to figure out now how to reduce the steps to go back to AC while logged in, and post an image differently. I opted out of the feeds but they keep coming back at the mo. Some other glitches.

They don't refer you from the previous version in the Play Store. I hadn't posted in 2 months so I got a pop up window, when trying unsuccessfully to post a screenshot, to download the new one. I had to search for it.

I'm too old for constant changes.

Last edited:

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Anyone NOT like the new Tapatalk.

It does not delete the old one. I didn't get an update notification from the Play Store. Treated as 2 different apps.
Only knew when I tried to upload an image on the previous one and got a pop up to use the new one for images.

I notice I cannot access the web view after selecting Tapatalk rather than (Samsung) Internet browser previously. I cleared all data and tried again.

I also cannot delete one image (private info) in edit mode, only text appears in edit view now. Would have to delete and try again.

As a screenshot addict this may become too traumatic.

That did happen to me, I had tapatalk pro and had to switch to this version. That was unpleasant, now this resent update change or altered some of the settings I preferred. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

BORIStheBLADE

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I just got the 4.1.0 update and I hate it. Looks like all eye candy and tougher to navigate. Also having trouble marking a forum as read with the app.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
TapaTalk 4.9.5 should be updated again before to long(bug fixes).The last update November 27, 2014,still doesn't fix the dark theme issues on some phones.Hopefully by Christmas :-\

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Aww MAN !!!

4.10.1 is horrendous. Why didn't they leave well enough alone.

I spent time trying to adjust things before posting, but I currently hate it.

I may have to go to the AC app! SMH.

"Participated" (now via @ symbol) doesn't differentiate read/unread at the moment. Only 3 threads on half the screen, to include most of each post.
Everything switched to the right. Forums now drop down and not enough space.
I had seen on the update page there is now easy access to images you uploaded. Why?

So 60% of the AC home screen has a montage. This is ridiculous.

Very grumpy old man here.

80a7c650634fae00feb00027f78dce68.jpg
e83b7a812e92a056fe50500ea56072d2.jpg
e4a4a6d5490f40e423e5a7a1220e50ee.jpg

From my SM-N9005 Note 3 on Tapatalk

Last edited:

rdroyer

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't like the new one either, nothing is how I'm used to and it's definitely less convenient to access everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov