Tasker is a ............

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to do the Automatically Toggle GPS but every time I get to the part where I check GPS I get a notice that

"For Android 2.3+ Google have made changes that it is no longer possible for a normal app to change GPS without user-interaction.
If you wish to continue using Tasker's GPS action you may wish to consider rooting your device and installing Secure Settings plugin."
I have done this and enabled GPS, but it still won't work. Any ideas?

As an aside, Tasker is the most conviluted and complicated app I have ever encountered. Harder than Chinese algebra!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

adrok76

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I had this problem, you need to give them both admin privileges first. It may work just with secure settings I'm not to sure I have them both checked.

Settings-security-device administrators-check both

then whenever you are using a function which requires admin privileges such as GPS you need to

+- plugin-secure settings-select edit configurations-select whatever you want in my case GPS

I agree, it is difficult to understand, but I suppose we are trying to enter the realms of Geek status!

Good luck, it should work no problem if you follow my steps, I've just done it myself.

hope its a bit clearer and don't ask what all the if % etc I haven't sussed it out yet!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk