Tbolt wouldn't turn on this morning

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So I left my stock un-rooted tbolt charging in a bowl in the kitchen last night as always. Phone was on but screen sleeping. When I got up this morning and tried to wake phone up it wouldn't wake....so I held down power button to turn on phone but still nothing. Next I did a battery pull and tried to turn on again and it went to the white screen with dancing droids on the bottom. At this point I accidentally hit the vol key and it said "calculating" with some other jibberish. By now I'm panicked cuz I need my phone today so after a 10 minute wait with no change whatsoever I tried to turn off the phone....nothing. so now I pulled the battery again and this time I get the splash screen with the thunderbolt for a good 5 minutes before it finally booted up normally.

Whew!

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually had to pull it once just to get it on then a second time to get out of hboot weirdness

sent from my Thunderbolt via.
tapatalk

Glad you got it working. Good to know my bad bluck didn't pass on to your phone. LOL. I don't keep my phone turned on 24/7. If you choose to not turn it off you might want to do a battery pull once a week. Its a mini computer and let it reboot.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I do restarts almost every day. I have to to keep data signal. I find airplane mode toggle seldom works.

I admit I seldom do battery pulls. Pita.

I looked at the bionic today and I liked it but not enough to pay retail for it.

One thing I won't do (unless the phone literally won't turn on) is return it. You get a refurb piece of junk that is broken BEFORE you get it. Even if they promise you a "new" phone it is a refurb. The definition of "refurb" is: screwed up phone sent to factory. If it turns on it's "fixed". Send it out as "refurb".

The odd thing is there aren't any javelinas is these parts.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I know people think refurbs are used. I have sold wireless and they aren't used. They go thru strict check out process. I am confident it will be OK if not then there will be hell to pay. I am polite but my new was defective and the replacement better not be. It was going to be a continual problem and they told me I needed to replace. I tried not having to go that route, but had no choice. I have to have a phone that works. It disappoints me because it seems this happens to me every time I upgrade. I am jinxed

and no.......the piggies don't get anywhere near my apt door !!!! HA ;)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
BTW where is everyone from? I am originally from Michigan but really raised in Scottsdale and have been in the Cave Creek area for 18 years.............

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If refurbs aren't used, then they must be, what, new??? By definition, refurbs are used, or they would need refurbishing. They might be very well refurbished and like new, but sometimes the problems with them are obscure and get missed.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If refurbs aren't used, then they must be, what, new??? By definition, refurbs are used, or they would need refurbishing. They might be very well refurbished and like new, but sometimes the problems with them are obscure and get missed.

They say and I have always been told. EVEN when I was a wireless Rep they have never been used. I actually had a Bold that was much much better than the new. But I am glad to be on android and not bb

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If they were as good as new they could give you new. There are a dozen threads here in which people bemoan their lousy refurbs. In a phone as complex is this one you'd have to use it for a month to know if it had issues.
A refurb dumb phone might be fine. Not these.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have gotten a few past refurbs and they clearly are refurbished USED returns. You can tell it. Most are in good shape and hard to tell from new, but they are returns, scratches and all.

It is a cap shot what you will get. Years ago I kept getting xv6800 refurbs. Each one had a different issue of some kind. Not a single one of them was fully operational. And they were all cosmetically damaged. Finally Verizon sent me a new one and it was perfect.

If they were send new units, why would they call them refurbs? :confused:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janvi212