Question Telegram no more unread topics

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

When I scroll down to the last message in Telegram, the screen will jump and it will show "No more unread topics" text, screenshot
How to disable the screen jumping (similar effect like browser drag to refresh) and the "No more unread topics" text, I want it like Whatsapp if I scroll to the bottom message it will auto stop there and I know it is the newest message already.

Thanks

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I recommend what @B. Diddy suggests because I've never seen that message in my Telegram app. Here's my version of Telegram.
d52de60e2eda32f079484adaaee87b5f.jpg

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The problem happens only in telegram groups with topics

This is an example:
Search for the group name in the screenshot, press the group name and you will see the different topics, press all the rows that has unread messages (example, the screenshot #General has 1588 unread) then press the down arrow button so it will "read" and clear the 1588, press back and repeat previous step for all topics that has unread message, now just scroll down to the bottom any topic and you will see the problem.

I am using Telegram 10.15.1, just updated.

Attachments

• example.PNG
    example.PNG
    51.6 KB · Views: 4

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh I see -- I'm not a member of any group that has topics, so I'm afraid I can't test it myself.
The steps I have mentioned in #4 is for you to test. No need to join, search in telegram search bar for the public group in the screenshot (click to enlarge)(I use this group as an example because this group has topics) then press the group name, and you can see what I mean, no need to press the join button. Anyone can view it just press on the topics to read the message, you can see the 10 topics in that group. Then follow the steps in #4 to see what I mean

Last edited:

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The way it's for me on telegram when I open that group chat it says unread I circled in my screenshot then scrolled all the way down it makes it go away, I think that's the way it is

3f6e1724427ff6b44f1d3f3b88f1f597.jpg
I am using normal free telegram, not premium, your group in your screenshot does not have topics so you will not the encounter the problem I mentioned, everything in your group is in one page only without topics created by the group owner, I know this because at the top it shows the [xxx members] and at below it shows the messages. For groups that has topics, at the top it shows [xxx members] and below will show different topics (like my screenshot) and need to click on the topic to read the message in each topic. You can follow my steps in #4 #8 to try to see what I mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am using normal free telegram, not premium, you group in your screenshot does not have topics so you will not know the encounter the problem I mentioned, everything in your group is in one page only without topics created by the group owner, I know this because at the top it shows the [xxx members] and at below it shows the messages. For groups that has topics, at the top it shows [xxx members] and below will show different topics (like my screenshot) and need to click on the topic to read the message in each topic. You can follow my steps in #4 #8 to try to see what I mean.
Ok will try it out tomorrow and let you know

Reactions: acsurfer

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The steps I have mentioned in #4 is for you to test. No need to join, search in telegram search bar for the public group in the screenshot (click to enlarge)(I use this group as an example because this group has topics) then press the group name, and you can see what I mean, no need to press the join button. Anyone can view it just press on the topics to read the message, you can see the 10 topics in that group. Then follow the steps in #4 to see what I mean
Ok, I see what you're saying. It just seems like that's how the UI is designed. Note that if you reach the bottom of the topic and only keep trying to scrol a little bit, it will just do the rubberbanding kind of thing and not show you the "No more unread topics" message. It's only if you swipe upwards a lot more (like moving your finger from the bottom of the screen to about 1/4 or 1/3 up the screen) that you'll see that message.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annabelle89