temporarily disabling screen lock

CharleneTX

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit to use as a music player. I'm using Media Monkey for Android (MMA).

I want to be able to press the power button and have immediate access to the app.

Turning off the screen lock gives me immediate access, but I have to remember to turn it on again and you have to go through re-entering the pattern twice each time.

If I use Smart Lock when connected to the speakers, I still have to swipe up to access MMA.

Is there a way to temporarily disable / toggle the lock screen? I tried "No Lock" from the Play store, but it doesn't work with this phone.

I also wondered if guest mode would solve the problem, but that doesn't seem to be available on this phone.

Is there maybe a way to sandbox MMA?

Other ideas?

TIA,
Charlene

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I bought a Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit to use as a music player. I'm using Media Monkey for Android (MMA).

I want to be able to press the power button and have immediate access to the app.

Turning off the screen lock gives me immediate access, but I have to remember to turn it on again and you have to go through re-entering the pattern twice each time.

If I use Smart Lock when connected to the speakers, I still have to swipe up to access MMA.

Is there a way to temporarily disable / toggle the lock screen? I tried "No Lock" from the Play store, but it doesn't work with this phone.

I also wondered if guest mode would solve the problem, but that doesn't seem to be available on this phone.

Is there maybe a way to sandbox MMA?

Other ideas?

TIA,
Charlene
You can try going into settings >lock screen >apps short cut and choose that app as a icon on lock screen so when you press it from long screen and unlock it will take you there automatically.

CharleneTX

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
You can try going into settings >lock screen >apps short cut and choose that app as a icon on lock screen so when you press it from long screen and unlock it will take you there automatically.

Thanks for trying to help, but that doesn't solve the problem.
1) It's still a multi-step process, not just press power.
2) After swiping the app icon, I still need to enter the unlock pattern.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for trying to help, but that doesn't solve the problem.
1) It's still a multi-step process, not just press power.
2) After swiping the app icon, I still need to enter the unlock pattern.
How about in smart lock on body detection stays unlocked while on you?

CharleneTX

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
How about in smart lock on body detection stays unlocked while on you?

That requires the phone to be moving; it turns off when the phone is set down.

My husband found "Kid Zone" in the Play store. I've been playing around with it and it appears to do what I need.

Thanks for your help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That requires the phone to be moving; it turns off when the phone is set down.

My husband found "Kid Zone" in the Play store. I've been playing around with it and it appears to do what I need.

Thanks for your help.
That's great!
Your welcome