Temporary phone?

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I want to eval both TMo's coverage and the Android OS. Any suggestions on a throw down phone that will accomplish this? I was going to order something off ebay, just wondering what suggestions people have. I'd prefer a physical keyboard. BB spoiled doncha know.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
T-Mo gives you a 20 day return policy. Why not pick out one you think you might like and give it a whirl. Worst case scenario is you you return it and reactivate your old phone on your old service.

Unsupported Browser

Hope this helps.

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
30 days here in sunny SoCal. I have a friend who wants a better phone so I thought I'd both help them and not stiff TMo. Also, I have to factor in restocking fees, time spent returning the device, risk of damage to the phone and probably some other stuff I used to be able to think of before the debauchery set in. So no, that isn't my first choice and yes, I asked the question I needed an answer to. Thanks for looking though.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
If you get a device from e-bay or craig list, better check the EIN and make sure it's not stolen, or some yokel didn't pay the bill. Otherwise it'll be locked down tighter than Alcatraz. At least in the US.

Yeah, former BB users want a keyboard, then they find, it's easier to use the android keyboard, and doesn't give that "total nerd" look when out in public.

Do you want 3g or 4g?

Do you want hackability? Root and Rom?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The G2 or My touch 4g should work. If you are looking for something cheaper, then go with an older device, like the G1. Remember that coverage could also be affected by the device, so results may vary.

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
That's an excellent point about the device and coverage. I'd want to avoid something with a notoriously funky radio to avoid blaming TMo and missing an opportunity. 4g would be nice but not essential. Thanks all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlancaV