Tempted by galaxy s3

Set2374

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I have my maxx for a little mess than a month. So far, it's been great. Great call quality and smooth he playback. That said, I an really tempted by the galaxy s3 and that gorgeous screen, 2 gigs of ram and s4 processor. Am I crazy? Anyone else feeling the same urge?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree the s3 sounds great on paper but my personal experiences have been rather poor when dealing worth Samsung phones. I have no experience with the s3 obviously but history has taught me to wait and see when out comes to Samsung phones. I will be letting others Guinea pig and hash out any real world issues before I would ever consider switching. Your millage may vary. While the Maxx may not be the latest our the greatest it suits my needs and had been rock solid so far so for now I am quite content. To be honest while I am looking forward to ICS I still have my concerns that it may mess up a good thing.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, it looks pretty awesome but I hate Samsung phones. Especially on Verizon. Have you tried the Galaxy Nexus? It was awful.

lordkami

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I am tempted myself as well. I have a RAZR MAXX and love it.... The other problem is that Samsung is pretty bad with updating their devices and fixing bugs...

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Tempted? Yes, but then I have to smack myself back into reality. Samsung radios are abysmal with the plastic designs. They battery only has 2100mah which is pretty good on a phone, but when I had the Nexus I was charging within 6-8 hours. Feels good to not be tethered by a ball and chain usb cord for charging. Another thing of note Samsung's mtp is pretty bad as well trying to transfer files between phone and PC. No thanks, waiting on Maxx HD.:)

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Not a chance. I will patiently wait for the Maxx HD and even then not do anything until others post their experiences with it before I move on.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Unless the SG3 has been proven to get better battery life and shows strong radio signal, I'm sticking with MAXX. What I need in a phone is sturdy build, strong signal, and long battery life. The rest is just icing on the cake. Right now MAXX is the only phone that fits those criteria to a tee.

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had 2 Samsung phones both had issues. Not interested in getting burned again. Never had one issue out of my Maxx or Rezound I will be keeping those until they come out with something cool from Moto or HTC.

Kungpaoruvvin

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I admit, I was tempted by the S3 as well, but talked myself out of it after reading this post. I'm on my phone a lot and the battery is very necessary. I did carry a spare battery for my Droid X before. I go to music festivals and being able to communicate with friends without having to turn off my phone to save battery is very important to me. Also, ICS may already be loaded on the S3, but it seems like we'll be getting it within this month as well. We'll probably even get it the same time that the S3 is released, so no worries there. The Droid Razr Maxx does everything I need, 4G LTE, decent-sized screen, the graphics are nice to me, and most importantly the battery, which no phone has been able to emulate.

Set2374

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I am still tempted by theS3. I use my phone to stream Netflix in bed at night and that extra half inch makes a big difference. Battery life and radio are the big concern, but I am optimistic on the battery life front. The stock battery is 2100mah and the one x, running the same chipset (US), seems to do well with a smaller 1850mah battery. Given the volume of s3's, I would think that seidco or another reputable battery maker will have a 3000mah battery out in no time. Radio is another story---which is why I won't be preordering. I hope samsung used its experience with the gnex to work out the bugs and get this one right.

matthewjoseph255

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I think i am get it and gp bacl and forth with my razr. Verizon letting me upgrade on july 5 i love my droid maxx i had the rezound and got disgustling sick of sense it was dreadful

otew257

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
when the razr came out the reviews said the screen was gorgeous and then phones like the GN came out and suddenly the razr screen was horrible ...but here is what I know about my RAZR MAXX HBOGO, MAXGO, Hulu-plus, and Netflix all look Awesome on the phone. Do I get screen envy when I read about the new phones with higher screen resolutions? Yes I do lol ! . but screen envy is much better than radio or battery envy :D I will stick with my razr maxx

Last edited:

Set2374

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the maxx's screen does have great blacks and good Colorado reproduction, but at least mine has a big defect. When viewed in a dark room it has nasty blotches and streaks all over the screen that ruins the viewing experience, particularly for darker scenes. I think the problem is caused by the adhesive used to bond the glass or touch sensor to the glass panel. Have any of you noticed this on your maxx?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Apple_sux

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I am at the moment a Samsung Gs2
fan. Having said that I would definatly hold out on buying the GS3. Like Iphone, it says its got bluetooth, but it has major restrictions on it, in the same respect the GS3 says its got NFC,
not that I know for sure but I am under the impression its not fully functional, if that is the case, what
other features not fully functional.

If in doubt, dont buy it yet, create
a spreadsheet and compair feature
and specs and make an informed
decision:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm very tempted to pull the plug on the Maxx. This phone has a great battery, but it has it's share of problems. They are mimor, but enough to make me want to get another device.

- Can't add contacts to Groups from address book. I miss that feature from my HTC devices. I'm able to do it from my Samsung tablet, so I'm hoping the GSIII can do it as well.

- Can't edit Groups without the help of a 3rd party app.

- Icons on home screen don't always work. Have to tap an icon several times to get that particular app to open, or there are times it will take me to the adjacent screen. Doesn't happen all the time, but it happens quite often.

- Camera could use some improvement.

- Phone is laggy at times. Takes a while to close apps at times.

- Default email client is.... how can I put this.... garbage. It doesn't sync like it's supposed to. When it does, it shows almost every email I've gotten.... even the emails that I've archived and deleted from my inbox.

I overlook a lo of things because it has great battery life and good reception. I'm hoping the ICS update can address some of these problems. If not, I'm ready to grab the GSIII and give it a go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61