TEP Protection App

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So I recently signed up for TEP, but only just found out about this app today. It looks similar to other apps that provide similar functions, like Lookout and Find My Droid. I'm more interested in the locate, remote lock and wipe options where other apps charge a premium. Anyone made use of this app and it paid off for you?

Do I have to have both the GPS on and volume up, or will it remotely turn those on?

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprin...ion-app-helps-safeguard-sprint-android-phones

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It's a great app. No need for volume to be on, it will SCREAM at you this horrible sound if you push the alarm button online.

Have not used any other tools other than the GPS locate from the website.

Best advice to you, log into the website, try each feature out to figure out how your specific device will respond.

Great free app though! (not available for all devices)

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
thanks. well, i installed and tested it. not the wipe data thing, tho. ;)

it doesn't turn on the GPS remotely if it's off. i don't have it on to save battery, only when needed. so that's not so good. i think it uses wifi triangulations, so that's the best it will do if GPS is not on.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Leaving GPS on does not drain your battery. It only connects when an app needs it such as the Protection App or Google Maps. Try this to prove it. Turn on GPS. You won't see the GPS icon in the status bar as long as no apps that need it are running. Now open GMaps. The icon appears and flashes because its finding a signal. Now exit out of maps by pushing the back button (don't press home, that will leave Maps running) and GPS will turn off and the icon will disappear.