Terrible MMS picture quality while using a Google Edition HTC ONE?

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok got my GE ONE today and I am having a huge problem. IMO the phone takes just fine pics, however when I MMS a pic over to someone else whether they have another Android phone or an iphone, the picture quality on they're end is just down right terrible?

Now I never had this issue with my nexus 4, or even the at&t version of the ONE, so why the issue with the Google Play edition ONE?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use ChompSMS so I can bump MMS size to 1 MB which seems to have fixed my issue.

Except for my poor friends on AT&T.. Sometimes my pictures are to big since AT&T is the only carrier to go below 1 MB MMS size.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Martin Vataj

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok got my GE ONE today and I am having a huge problem. IMO the phone takes just fine pics, however when I MMS a pic over to someone else whether they have another Android phone or an iphone, the picture quality on they're end is just down right terrible?

Now I never had this issue with my nexus 4, or even the at&t version of the ONE, so why the issue with the Google Play edition ONE?

i have same prob

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
This is an HTC thing. I used to think it was a Sprint thing because I had similar issues with my EVO LTE, but it's not. Even if I have the size limit set to max (2M), the first pic I attach usually gets seriously compressed. Subsequent images in the same message usually do not, so you can attach a generic image first, then attach your desired image next, then remove the initial image before sending. If you don't want to use a 3rd party MMS app like Almeuit suggests, this is your only quasi-fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulm1407