tethering question

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
ive been using pdanet,and its slow as molasses running UP the tree. and i know the actual speed is far better. are there any apps that get close to actual device speeds as in when using internal browser and download app?? i am an old xp user so using backside built in tether is a no go. need a few decent app suggestions. price of app isn't an issue.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: droidmyme

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know of any other apps, but a suggestion would be to make sure apps such as
-Facebook
-twitter
-email
-SMS
-MMS
-other self updating apps

Are force closed from the settings menu. It impacts the speed especially when texting and using 3G

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Try easy tether, worked great for me on the few times I used it. Download and install the app, then follow the instructions to install their tethering program on your PC. You can try the free version first to see if you like it. This is USB tethering only, does not support wifi tethering.

Reactions: curtis1973

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
ive been using pdanet,and its slow as molasses running UP the tree. and i know the actual speed is far better. are there any apps that get close to actual device speeds as in when using internal browser and download app?? i am an old xp user so using backside built in tether is a no go. need a few decent app suggestions. price of app isn't an issue.

Curtis I use Klink myself. Way back when it was 1.99, don't known the price today. I've never had any issues with speed. Best of all, they give you updated apks for all OS on the website.

This would be USB tethering

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: curtis1973

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
thank you all,i do believe ill try clockworkmod tether from play store,then klink. both have good reviews.

Reactions: droidmyme

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
well clockworkmod tether is garbage. wouldnt even keep a stable cpnnection. and the constant running log...wow. what a joke. tried klink,no better. foxfi is next.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I may have to check out Foxfi then. Got a little app test going on here lol :D

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

gwz85

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok I installed CM7.2 to test the speed. I am inside my company office which somehow will limit the speed (big power plant with all the environment to reduce wifi speed). I use speakeasy for the test. with the embeded application my speed was:
Download Speed: 725 kbps (90.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 539 kbps (67.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
With foxfi the speed was:
Download Speed: 593 kbps (74.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 514 kbps (64.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Hope that helps. I will test it from home when I get there and show the results.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok I installed CM7.2 to test the speed. I am inside my company office which somehow will limit the speed (big power plant with all the environment to reduce wifi speed). I use speakeasy for the test. with the embeded application my speed was:
Download Speed: 725 kbps (90.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 539 kbps (67.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
With foxfi the speed was:
Download Speed: 593 kbps (74.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 514 kbps (64.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Hope that helps. I will test it from home when I get there and show the results.

hmm. the embedded app was faster. i may need to dump my old trusty xp install and go to vista or 7 just to use it. would be nice if the rom developers would add support for xp tethering.

gwz85

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
hmm. the embedded app was faster. i may need to dump my old trusty xp install and go to vista or 7 just to use it. would be nice if the rom developers would add support for xp tethering.

I used the wireless network, are you using the USB connection? I never tested that because it does not work on mine which also happens to be XP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen