Text and Phone notifications showing under Phone S21

Rondeco

Nov 7, 2022
Visit site
Hope somebody can help, My S21 has just started showing text and call notifications under Phone, can anybody please tell me how I can set it to just shoe call notifications?

TIA, Ron

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you clarify what you mean that the notifications are showing "under Phone"?

Rondeco

Nov 7, 2022
Visit site
Hi guys thanks for your response, when I hit the phone icon to make a call it's showing my call history but also showing numbers from any text I've received or sent. It's only been doing it a few days.

Cheers,
Ron

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221108-115421_Phone.jpg
    Screenshot_20221108-115421_Phone.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys thanks for your response, when I hit the phone icon to make a call it's showing my call history but also showing numbers from any text I've received or sent. It's only been doing it a few days.

Cheers,
Ron
I removed your screenshot had private information, can repost again just block it out

stevetaz

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I tried that and cancelled all but it's still doing it, I rebooted my phone too after I'd done that,

When you say you canceled all, what do you mean? You have to make sure the one labeled "All calls and messages" is not the one selected. You can only choose one so you should select the line labeled "Incoming calls" and then select OK. You cannot uncheck all of the selections. One must be chosen.

Just trying to clarify to be sure.

If you hit Cancel, nothing will change.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When you say you canceled all, what do you mean? You have to make sure the one labeled "All calls and messages" is not the one selected. You can only choose one so you should select the line labeled "Incoming calls" and then select OK. You cannot uncheck all of the selections. One must be chosen.

Just trying to clarify to be sure.

If you hit Cancel, nothing will change.

Good point just reread that

Nate7161

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Please try this work around, open the app drawer and select the phone app. Let me know if it works correctly and then I will explain how to correct it.

Nate7161

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My apologies, I was replying to Rondeco. The "shortcut" on home screen can get corrupted and not open correctly. If so, I would suggest to to remove the phone app from the home screen and then go to the app drawer and select and hold the phone app and add to the home screen. Then the final step is to place it back to the quick launch bar at the bottom of the screen, exactly where the old app was deleted from.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My apologies, I was replying to Rondeco. The "shortcut" on home screen can get corrupted and not open correctly. If so, I would suggest to to remove the phone app from the home screen and then go to the app drawer and select and hold the phone app and add to the home screen. Then the final step is to place it back to the quick launch bar at the bottom of the screen, exactly where the old app was deleted from.
No problem i know who you quoted just was curious about it myself , thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007