Text message fails but is actually received [AT&T LG V10]

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Having an issue with my ATT LG V10 when sending a long winded text message (350 characters). It will show that the message will fail and put a retry button, but the recipient actually gets the message. If I hit retry it will fail again and again they will receive it. This is using the stock app for texting.

Any ideas?

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep and the answer I got was pull the sim and battery, wait 5 minutes and reinstall both. Which does not work. So they changed my sim, same issue.

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Text message fails but is actually received [AT&T LG V10]

I did. It still failed. I think it has something to do with the length of the text message and not converting to MMS. I tried using Google messenger.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you otherwise able to send MMS, like a short text with a photo attached? Have you checked to make sure the APN settings are correct for AT&T?

srsc134

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issues. I have contacted AT&T who verified the SMS number is correct, and told me to go to the app settings and clear the cache associated. It worked initially, but has stopped making a difference. I can no longer send a text longer than the standard 160 characters without there being an error. I have also begun not receiving texts. The assigned text tone will sound, then there is no message received. The pop-up will sometimes appear too but will not show up in the actual messaging app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e_honda